stryker sr-955hp

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by kachup, Jun 3, 2014.

1. craig_sez

craig_sez Road Train Member

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    running a barefoot 955...From montreal canada to texas....quebec city canada to the carolinas....truro novascotia to florida and once from the state of mass to new mexico(recieve only)

To get down the road much more than 3-5 miles is rare...So i have ant issues yet figured out...My 955 was set to run with a tx star 350 but never used with the amp..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. volvo244t

volvo244t Road Train Member

Jun 24, 2010
    Bettendorf, IA
    Yeah I posted that over 2 years ago now. Didn't know of Mark back then, and was unaware that bells' work was actually pretty subpar. He was mentioned on the whitelist, and testimonials were overwhelmingly positive.

4. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well i thought bells were ok till i saw ONE radio that was messed up..So i dont have any real background on bells..I just saw stuff on youtube he does and it looked detailed and informative...
    Other than that ONE radio i cant say he is a bad tech..

5. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Guys who had a hard time talking 2 Miles their whole life think they found the greatest thing on the planet when they find a technician able to make them talk 10 miles.
    Good performance is a relative term which means nothing unless you compare it to something else

6. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well i compare it to my volvo from a cpl yrs back..Better range than on my crapcadia with same gear..Im thinkin the coax i bought is sub par..I was told its a wanna be lmr 240..I noticed a difference in range shortly after i installed..
    After my treatment today if im up to it ill do a ant mount change,look for heat shrink to do my ant with and see if i can find some nice hd ground straps..

7. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    Most of us truck drivers were in the same position at one time or another.
    I think we all had to learn things the hard way

8. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Well rabbi..I would be useing marks coax if i can figure out why i cant tune my ant useing it..Yet my old coax(pinched an all) tuned better and got better trans /rec and this coax im useing now tunes ok but no range...Im hopeing i just.got a bad piece of coax..Watched vids last night on how to use an mfj to chk and with an ohm meter..

9. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    It would be worth putting a dummy load at the end of the cable to test the cable

10. craig_sez

Sep 5, 2013
    novascotia,Canada
    Is there a way to do that other than a can with sand thingy i think i saw once?
    I dont own a so called dummy load..

11. rabbiporkchop

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    50 ohm resistor rated for more wattage than your radio. DIY project

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.