STS Specialized Transportation Services Smyrna TN

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Bossman027, May 3, 2016.

1. Bossman027

Bossman027 Light Load Member

Feb 21, 2016
    Anyone have any info on STS? Can't find much on here or on web. Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Md420

Md420 Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    Tn
    What info are you looking for?

4. Bossman027

Feb 21, 2016
    Anything would be better than what I seem to be able to find. I've talked to a recruiter, but looking for actual real world info. Not saying he wasn't truthful but he was a recruiter. LOL

horsecrazychic22 Thanks this.
  5. rdridr3

rdridr3 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    I drive for them now, been with them for almost 6 months, ask away

6. Bossman027

Feb 21, 2016
    Are you actually doing 3000 to 3200 a week most weeks?

Have they been honest from what you were told before you got there?

What's the condition of the trucks and trailers??

Do the mind how much you idle?

How bone stock and plain are the trucks. I'm not a Mack or Volvo fan so I don't really know how they are on the inside.

7. rdridr3

rdridr3 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    I'm averaging about 2800 a week, I know not exactly what they tell you . When I was hired I was only the 3rd otr driver the rest were dedicated and regional, so otr is pretty new to them still but they are getting better.

Everyone has been very honest with the company , and you usually get a hold of anyone on the phone anytime including the owner. I would have to say everyone that works there in office is good people, they talk to you and work with you. I'm pretty happy I can almost always get a hold of my fleet manager on the phone, they would rather you call then send message.

Most of the trucks are 2014 or 2015 and all in pretty good shape and regular maintence. The trailers are probably 60% newer trailers they have some older ones that they use on Nissan accounts because Nissan tends to beat them up pretty good.

They dont say anything about the idle, and I have idled alot, so that's not a problem.

Well the trucks are pretty basic, I drove a t680 before this and this is a little bit of a step done, but ya pretty basic, no top bunk in any of them. I drive a mack and it's really not bad of a truck, it was a little adjustment but not bad. I got 2015 mack and when I started in December and it only had 75k on it.

Hope this helps a little , anything else just ask

8. Bossman027

Feb 21, 2016
    They said they would install a 1500 watt inverter if I brought one with me. I don't know what the sleeper configuration is but do you think a dorm fridge would fit anywhere back there?

How are they for home time? Do they get you home when you ask? Do they make you leave out right as your official time is up. Like if you get in Friday night are they looking for you leave out Monday afternoon or more like Tuesday morning?

How are they on getting issues fixed? Do they want it fixed or try to get you to deal with it until you get to the terminal? Do they try to get you to drive with a DOT violation just to get to a shop that's 40 miles away? Etc

9. rdridr3

rdridr3 Bobtail Member

Mar 25, 2015
    You would probably have room for a fridge, not really sure what the Volvo are like but I'm sure you could squeeze one in.

As far as time off they always get me home when I want. But when requesting time off you sometimes have to be specific. If you want to be home anytime on Friday that's what will happen , if you have a time let them know. As far as coming off time ,they always ask when you coming back, like I will be ba k at 8am Tuesday or whatever they will work with you. Once I asked to be back Friday anytime and ended up getting there early Saturday morn. Which wasn't big deal for me, but if you plans tell I have to be home by this time and I never had problems with that.
    Most of the time dot issues they will get fixed right away, like if you have light issues they will find closes place to have it fixed and send you there. They are pretty good about getting things fixed, I've had flats on trailers and they get people out to fix you pretty quick. You know it all depends on the issue and if you don't feel safe driving it they will send someone to fix it.
    Like I said before they are all good people and they are there to help you as much as possible, they don't take safety lightly and if you feel unsafe it will get fixed.
    It's trucking and therest always ups and downs but overall it's a pretty good company , as long as you want to drive they will try to keep you moving

10. Bossman027

Feb 21, 2016
    I realize that. I've been at this for a bit. But I'm also used to recruiters trying to sell you a bridge in Brooklyn. LOL I live in northeastern NC and I'm also trying to make sure they will be able to get me home as easily as the recruiter said. He did say that they don't let you take the truck home but the nearest truck stop is about 35 min away. I don't see where that is safer than where I park. But he said they would rather it in a truck stop. I would be worried it will get tore up and won't find out until 3-4 days later. That might be an issue but not sure yet. The next company I go to I want it to be the last so I'm trying to dot every I and cross every T. I appreciate your answers

11. Bossman027

Feb 21, 2016
    Thanks for all your help. I will keep them near the top of my list as potential places

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.