Stuff about Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by itzamejason, Jan 23, 2009.

1. itzamejason

itzamejason Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2009
    dandridge, tn
    I just left Crete in October for the 2nd time. I left the first time over 2 years ago to start a dedicated postion with Falcon. BIG mistake. Left Falcon after about 6 months went back to Crete. Other than them ######## about my idle time the 12 months that i was OTR with them, ( the truck had Opti Idle and NEVER COOLED OFF in the hot summer months, therefore hardly shutoff), other than that it was a good experience. They always got me home when I wanted to be home. Hardly left me sitting at any docks. And my pay was always what it should have been. I left Cleveland Ohio and moved to Newport Tennessee where I transferred to a shuttle driver position that Crete had at a local plant. Other than the low pay, and the 3rd shift, it too was a good experience. I had to leave in October to start looking for another OTR position as my girlfriend got hit by a drunk driver and would be missing over a month of work, and we needed more money. But I tried to go back OTR with Crete and they wouldnt let me transfer back, so I left with no 2 week notice, another mistake. All in all I give Crete a 8.5 out of 10.

luvtheroad Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    I know this is about Crete, but would you tell me about your experience at Falcon?

4. itzamejason

itzamejason Bobtail Member

Jan 23, 2009
    dandridge, tn
    I worked for Falcon for about 7 months. When I started it was supposed to be a local position they were hiring me for. Once I made it thru orientation though they told me the run had been filled. So I told them that my job there then had been filled, and started to leave. So they offered me a dedicated position to get me to stay. And I took it. It was a mice run, when it ran. I would pick up in twinsburg OH at the a chrysler stamping plant at 5:00PM, and deliver in Belvidere, IL at 6:30AM. Nice run right across the Ohio and Indiana Pikes, thru Chicago around midnight, so no traffic, then straight across I90 to the plant. And even got to spend the night after dropping my trailer and picking up my MT to bring back. Nice run right? Wrong. It was supposed to be a run that went out twice a week, then the next week 3 runs for the week, then 2 runs and so on. But the loads were often canceled 1 or 2 times a week. Leaving me sitting at home losing money. But not that much since they only paid .30/mile. Sometimes though when the load would cancel they would send me to some other off the wall places, and often they wanted me to do it illegal because I still wouldnt be done from my 10 hour break from my normal run, they would find out its canceled, and then call me 3-4 hours into my #### hometime wanting me to go rightnow! And the places they would send me to they often didnt have directions to, so you had to try and contact the shipper yourself, and then wing it from there. They also get to be real smart ##### about it all too. But our Automotive industry is going to hell rightnow in this country and what should you expect from a company whose main freight is for the automotive industry. best move I ever made was leaving.

luvtheroad and Baack Thank this.
  5. luvtheroad

luvtheroad Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2009
    Central Ohio
    Thanks, actually I was thinking about trying to get on there part time or as a local driver this spring. Have to look at the fine print if I talk to them. LOL

6. Astoh

Astoh Medium Load Member

Nov 27, 2012
    Crete otr - leave for local - back to Crete - grass looks greener at another local - back to Crete. Lot of people still playing this song.

Wild Murphy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.