Support Thread for the TND 500, TND 700 or future Rand McNally products. (part two)

Discussion in 'Trucking Electronics, Gadgets and Software Forum' started by Mark Kling, Jul 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. some1else

some1else Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Ooo the 720 gave me a new screen one that I couldn't do any thing with but I got to look at

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mark Kling

Mark Kling Technology Contributor

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    If you are at home I can remote into your computer to clean it up. Sounds like maybe you have an Anti-Virus program running.

I would uninstall the Dock, clean up the registry, delete the left over files on C:/, force the 720/730 to an older version of maps (with one file), install the Dock again and then let it update them.

Overall time 2-3 hours..

You can PM me if you wish to do that. I use TeamViewer. (www.teamviewer.com), for remote access, it will give you an ID and PW that I will need. The PW is good for only one time, so if you restart your computer you would have to restart Teamviewer to generate a new Password.

Thanks,
    mark

some1else Thanks this.
  4. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Missing map files.

Thanks,
    mark

some1else Thanks this.
  5. some1else

some1else Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013

Ah!! I knew it was my fault some how! Thank you for the quick reply. I am no longer at the house and I don't have wifi in the truck. Truck stop wifi wouldn't work with TeamViewer as it is too spotty. 90% of what you said I can do as well. The only thing I don't have is the older version. Can you send a link? Where are the left over files hiding? Is it as simple as removing the files on the rand and dropping the new files in? Could I possibly just completely remove the dock software (registry and all) then reinstall it on the comp and let it fix the randys?

Let me know what you think getting net out on the road is a bit tough for me and all.

6. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    Do this when you have high speed internet.

Uninstall the Dock.
    Set hidden files and folder to on.
    Look under user (your name)/Appdata/local/RNDDock (delete this folder).
    Look under the Registry for "RNDDOC" (without quotes). Make sure you see the RNDDOCK in the path then delete that entry.
    Connect your TND
    Turn off any Anti-Virus programs.
    Go to www.randmcnally.com/dock and install the dock.
    hit run on bottom of browser - If using IE.
    Dock should install and okay to backup.

I will have to send you the file you need. Not a big file. PM me your E-Mail address.

You will simply delete any files in the NaviMaps folder and place the file I send you in the NaviMaps folder.
    The Dock will then see that you need a Map Update.
    Update the Maps, then version.

It would be best to start from the beginning on this as I do not know if the files you have now are corrupt or not.

If you have an Anti-Virus program running you have to tag the Dock as safe or just disable it when running the Dock. Most programs think the Dock .exe is a virus and will prevent it from running.

If it asks if (DOS) wants to "fix" the drive, just close the window.

Thanks,
    Mark

some1else Thanks this.
  7. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
  8. some1else

some1else Bobtail Member

Oct 9, 2013
    Sent and thanks!!! Glad I am not having to buy another one!

9. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    I have seen worse...LOL.... just make sure your SD Card for the 720 is not an Ultra or Ultra Plus. The way those cards write files the TND will not see the file structure 100%.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. Toona67

Toona67 Light Load Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I am sure it has been discussed somewhere in various threads but, I am unable to find it anywhere for some reason.
    Does anyone have a rough estimate on what someone should plan for on a hotspot package to operate the Wifi Connect on a Rand 700 on a daily basis? Traffic, weather that kind of thing would be pretty convenient to have if they work effectively.
    Again, I apologize if this is a repetitive request.

Mark

11. Mark Kling

Sep 23, 2007
    Statesville, NC
    In just off the wall testing running all the services, it came about to 400mg - 600mb per month. Yours will vary.

Thanks,
    Mark

Toona67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.