suspension air dump valve for model 8600 daycab

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by letsgofast, Aug 10, 2016.

1. letsgofast

letsgofast Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
    Trying to set up a suspension air dump valve for this daycab. Does anyone know if you can buy a kit to install.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. letsgofast

letsgofast Bobtail Member

May 9, 2013
    2010 international daycab model 8600

4. boneebone

boneebone Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Check the Inter-trash-ional Stealership, if not you may have to piece one together out of a Salvaged Truck.

5. BoxCarKidd

BoxCarKidd Road Train Member

Aug 26, 2014
    Just by the valve with the dump feature that fits your truck-direct replacement just has one extra 1/4 inch line. Buy an air switch for the dash. It can even be an aftermarket air toggle. Air supply line to switch, air control line ran to valve, no problem.

letsgofast, AModelCat and Heavyd Thank this.
  6. Heavyd

Heavyd Road Train Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes, this is the easiest way.

letsgofast Thanks this.
  7. Hogleg

Hogleg Medium Load Member

Nov 20, 2016
    Salem, Illinois
    Just did this on my 2007 9400i but did not buy the correct leveling valve. That would be the easier way, for sure.

Here is what I did. Mounted the cab valve in the same location as OEM. Had to drill and file the slot. Mounted a Haldex air toggle. On mine there was a pink supply line already there that was not connected. Plugged end closest to the valve in. The other end is in the panel behind the speedo. Took that panel off, popped a plug off the air distribution pipe there and plugged the other end of the pink line into it. Then ran a long 1/4 in line from the valve to a point between the back tandems. Took a dump pilot valve and installed it in the line that comes off the leveling valve to feed the bags. On my truck, the leveling valve had 2 outlets and fed the right pair of bags separate from the left pair. I plugged one of the holes in the leveling valve, then split the other feed across the dump valve (pay attention to input and output ports). And bridged the output side across to the other pair. Lastly hooked up the pilot control line from the cab and zip tied everything down solid.

Done...

Took about 2 hours overall.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.