Swift DashCam Review

Discussion in 'Swift' started by DerpDerp, Aug 14, 2015.

1. DerpDerp

DerpDerp Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Hi everyone. I created a new profile because my other profile is easily linked to my identity. Anyway, I had a dash cam system installed in my truck a little over a month ago at Swift. Us dedicated guys are the guinea pigs. No surprise, I hate it. I think I'm more pissed at being lied to though. We were told by the company that it only records critical events and they don't want to see us hitting potholes. First off, after my cam was installed, I saw the guys who installed it get a direct wireless live feed to their laptop. So yes, this Dash Cam company can ALWAYS SEE YOU VIA LIVE FEED. Next, that dash cam will record you whenever it wants even when there is no critical event. I have opened my curtains during my 30 minute and 10 hour breaks and that f'n dash cam light was red and blinking (Recording with no triggered critical event). While driving, especially at night, it will come on periodically for much longer amounts of time compared to when a critical event actually occurs. The only reason I'm still at this company is because I make a good consistent paycheck but this camera is affecting my social anxiety and I'm already looking for something local. So in summary Swift lied and the dash cam records you periodically. It records during your mandatory breaks, while your at shippers/receivers, while your beating the skin off your Mr. Johnson, during non critical events. And last but not least, the dash cam company does have a 24/7 live feed of you.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Can you make a picture of yourself driving and keep it in front of the camera? Like they do in the movies when people try to steal stuff:rolleyes:

S M D, Dreamboat, Skate-Board and 5 others Thank this.
  4. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    wow! thank you for sharing...
    I wish you well in finding a better job

Dreamboat, DerpDerp and TruckDuo Thank this.
  5. heavyhaulerss

heavyhaulerss Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2009
    AL/TN BORDER
    well I guess they can say they were not lying, they'll tell you, when you look at camera it is on but when your not looking at it, it is off. you can't see the red light if your not looking at it. it is then that it is off. so they do only periodically turn on. ;)

DerpDerp Thanks this.
  6. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Or, when they break out of prison!

Dreamboat, DerpDerp and TruckDuo Thank this.
  7. ChaoSS

ChaoSS Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2014
    I would cover it up at night, to protect your privacy while you are sleeping. If, in the morning, you forgot to take the sticker off of the camera's eye, well, that's just an unfortunate oversight.

DerpDerp and Canned Spam Thank this.
  8. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    Maybe you all need to drive naked more, and bend over and show them all the stuff they don't want to see........

Dreamboat, Skate-Board and DerpDerp Thank this.
  9. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    How do you know they don't wanna see it? :)

Dreamboat, WitchyWomen and DerpDerp Thank this.
  10. DerpDerp

DerpDerp Bobtail Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Lol, I've been thinking about rubbing one out and aiming towards the lens. I won't clean up afterwards either

Last edited: Aug 14, 2015
  11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Um, sorry WW.
    But from that avatar I doubt anyone would be objecting to a little bending over nakedness.

WitchyWomen Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.