swift "driver support"

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Cromwell, Jun 3, 2015.

1. plant

plant Heavy Load Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    The opposite is true. Swift cited high driver turnover as the reason for their poor performance in Q4 last year I believe. They raised pay to address that. Swift doesn't make money on the academy or driver training. They make money by having you pull their well paying contract freight for 30 some cents per mile, hounding you about idle time, and buying cheap, stripped out trucks. Now with that said, I started my career with Swift and went to their phoenix academy to get my CDL. I stayed with them for 2 years in the flatbed division and enjoyed working for them. And If I had to do it all over again, I would.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    There is some info to be had here....

http://www.thetruckersreport.com/tr...-transportation-company-inc-phoenix-az.13868/

4. Cromwell

Cromwell Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2015
    So after a weekend of confusion it turns out I could have been running two days ago. That's really awesome. The shop didn't fix a ####in thing on the truck. Great way to start the trip.

Thanks again swift,
    Ya'll are just great....

pete1 Thanks this.
  5. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    @Cromwell sorry to hear that man. Sounds like you have a great work ethic. You deserve to get on with a company that will appreciate you.

Ketchikan baby and Cromwell Thank this.
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell Light Load Member

Jun 3, 2015
    I don't know if there really is a company that appreciates drivers? Maybe every dry van company is like this? I don't need appreciation, I just need the folks that give me my loads and do the computer work to get their #### together and do their job so I can spend more time Rollin and less time waiting for them

7. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Sadly and unfortunately, many companies, regardless of industry or line of work, do NOT appreciate their employees at all.

8. pete1

pete1 Heavy Load Member

Unfortunately chaos is often the status quo at big carriers. I'm working for a guy with 4,trucks now after years of working for corporate America, and it's like finding nirvana.

TruckDuo and Cromwell Thank this.
  9. Barrels

Barrels Bobtail Member

Jul 4, 2015

MACK E-6, your avatar says you're a Trucker Forum STAFF MEMBER??? And you don't care what a posting member thinks?

I stopped by to see what TR is all about. Now I know. Even when posters add inaccurate info that you let slide:
    Many [office staff] have college degree's in nothing important. The ones that don't were crappy drivers that could not make it is drivers, and were to dumb to get away from the company.
    Then when A21CAV rightly calls you out ("beyond logical") you have to say "I don't care what you think."

I expect this will be my only post in a forum seemingly run by kindergarteners.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2015
    Reason for edit: fixed quote
    Rick Brown Thanks this.
  10. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Then if you have nothing to add, you are free to leave by the same door you came in.

Good day.

chalupa and Cromwell Thank this.
  11. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    Don't get riled up because a staff member says he doesn't care. Their opinions and thoughts are no more or less important than our own. They're pretty much here just to keep us from poking each other in the eyes three stooges style.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.