Swift Equipment

Discussion in 'Swift' started by BeanDip, May 31, 2015.

1. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Here's the scoop on idling laws... They are never enforced. I have never so much as been told by a cop that I can't idle.

The company is a different story. Some DMs watch idle time; others don't. If it's hot when you are trying to sleep, then idle. If it's in the 70s when you go to bed, screens and a couple of fans keep it quite comfy in the sleeper. One hint... A lighter socket inverter will easily run a 20" box fan, and turn the sleeper into a wind tunnel. :)

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have seen them enforced in Otay Mesa at the Pilot there by the locals. Even those trucks with the clean idle decal and they have said that they do not care.

4. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Does Swift issue a badge with lanyard? or anything like that?

5. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    Lightside, sorry, no lanyard or id badge. When you are out on the road, there really is no need for it. You're not going to swipe a badge at a shipper, just let them know who you drive for. I believe there is a Swift lanyard available in the Swift company store, but no id badges. If you really want everyone to know you drive for Swift, they do have all kinds of shirts, jackets and hats, as well as a broad assortment of other asseccories and items.

Lightside Thanks this.
  6. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Lightside - I think Knight gives you a lanyard, badge, and a electronic terminal gate/door key.

Lightside Thanks this.
  7. Lightside

Lightside Medium Load Member

Jul 4, 2015
    Yea I have seen them with lanyards. I didn't go with Knight in the end. Kept hearing too many stories and wasn't all that impressed with the company as a whole. No entry level flatbed either except a special flatbed division they have for experienced drivers only.

8. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Does Swift still have a lot of Volvos?

9. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    I see quite a few, nothing compared to the number of freightliners though. I wouldn't get your hopes up lol

GWS and SHOJim Thank this.
  10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

That's where I stopped reading. I guess even in swifts own little world, they need to find companies to pick on too. Who's lower than Werner? Western Express? I thought all the bottom feeders were equally on the same level.

11. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Swift will soon be all Freightliner (company) and KW (O/O) :), all "smart" trucks.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
    SHOJim Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.