Swift Equipment

Discussion in 'Swift' started by BeanDip, May 31, 2015.

1. CasanovaCruiser

CasanovaCruiser Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2015
    Indiana
    Ran into a Western Express student the other day in Ohio, the trainer had his girlfriend with him. That's 3 people in a midroof, he seemed happy... lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dodgeram440rt

dodgeram440rt Heavy Load Member

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I used Werner just as an example, not meaning to imply they were any worse than Swift or that Swift was any better than them. I guess I could have said in case a a Swift truck backs into me. Maybe there would be some ironic justice in that? In all honesty, I could have used any company in my example. After I first started driving, I was hit while parked by a Tyson chicken truck. That driver had 40 years experience (yes, I asked him) and he still doesn't know how to back up?!? Wtf? Last winter I saw 5 CEVA trucks crashed in one day, but not one Swift truck though I'm sure somewhere in the country there was at least one Swifty in the ditch. My point? Any company is only as good as the drivers they put in their trucks. Swift (and Werner also) may not be the "best" company out there, but that don't mean they are the worse either.

4. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Well if he was being "trained", wonder who was engine, who was box car, and who was caboose??

GWS Thanks this.
  5. kutscher007

kutscher007 Bobtail Member

Sep 17, 2012
    APUs and inverters I saw very seldom at the SWIFT trucks. I noticed a lot driver filming cameras in the SWIFT trucks. The driver filming cameras I also noticed in the team driving trucks from SWIFT.

6. dodgeram440rt

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I would like very much to believe that you are the real Jerry Moyes. I would like to think that you are interested enough in your company that you would take a serious interest in what your drivers as well as others have to say. Good bad or otherwise. However, this one post COMPLETELY blows your cover, unless you are completely ignorant of how your trucks are equipped. For your information, Swift trucks are NOT equipped with APUs, inverters or fridges. The only possible exception would be lease trucks where the driver had one installed himself. I've seen a truck available for lease at Columbus with an APU, but I don't know about the inverter or fridge. The point is you're too cheap to equip the trucks for driver comfort, though I can understand that to equip that many trucks that way would be extremely expensive.

And if you are really Mr. Moyes, get over your little temper tantrum already and open up Pilot/Flying J so we can fuel there again.

7. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Many drivers that work at Swift also complain about Swift. If Swift is so bad, why do you work there? There's over 350,000 trucking companies in the USA, but you choose to work at Swift where you're unhappy; doesn't make sense.

Blackshack46 Thanks this.
  8. dodgeram440rt

May 19, 2009
    Piqua, Ohio
    I can't speak for others, but as for myself, I am for the most part happy at Swift. Not real thrilled with some of the decisions they are forcing on us, such as the cameras, but I will deal with that when it comes. Swift is not a perfect company, but can you honestly say you don't have any issues at all with your company? I learned early on, when I was first looking for a company, that everything negative that has been said about Swift can be and has been said about every other company on the road. It just comes down to what works best for you. And so far, Swift has treated me pretty good. That, and I don't know of another company that will pay me what I'm making at Swift as a company driver and still get me home every weekend if I want to.

GWS and Chinatown Thank this.
  9. WitchyWomen

WitchyWomen Medium Load Member

Feb 10, 2012
    Buckeye, AZ
    China, you have obviously never heard of the 80-20 Rule, It was explained to me about cheating spouses but I think the idea covers lots of things including work. 80% is good, Your wife your work, you get paid but you nit pick about that 20% the poo that's wrong or you don't get, when all of a sudden in walks 20% and you think I never get that 20% so you leave your 80% thinking Whoo Hoo I am finally getting what I missed all this time. Then you wake up and realize all you got is 20% and you made a bad deal. Same poo, Different Day, with work sometimes it's different poo different work, some problems are solved and new problems arise. Lots stay because it's the poo you know vs the poo you don't know.

It's weird I wrote poo because I didn't want #### to be ##### out.

10. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

I know a good amount of poo as I take one everyday. I think most stay because they are afraid to leave as they have a job, they feel secure, and they don't know that from where they are going up is the only option and it's going to be hard. Just my 0.015 cents

Chinatown Thanks this.
  11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I recently talked with a former Swift driver that is now working for another carrier.
    He said that the BS with the new carrier was even worse, and he was coming back to Swift.

The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Swift may have some problem areas, but so does every other company out there.

sisterannie and GWS Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.