Swift Equipment

Discussion in 'Swift' started by BeanDip, May 31, 2015.

1. KW10001

KW10001 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I was lucky enough to get a KW T660 that was an old lease op truck. Most trucks are Cascadias, Volvos or Internationals. No apu, inverters are a fireable offense, no refrig, no microwave, no satellite radio. I had an inverter because im not a robot and cant talk to my family through a qualcomm. As for the driver facing camera, my truck never had one.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. GWS

GWS Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2015
    Are you talking hard wired inverters or cigarette lighter plug inverters for charging a laptop?

4. KW10001

KW10001 Light Load Member

Sep 29, 2010
    I believe both are not allowed. I had a cig lighter inverter. The story we got was cheap inverters were being left plugged in by drivers, getting hot and burning trucks to the frame.

I agree about grass not being greener. Swift never did me wrong. My mentor wasnt horrible and support from dispatchers and driver leaders wasnt terrible. One thing i noticed was problems with getting new drivers in their own truck. Seems like because they get so many new drivers they cant keep up with processing returned trucks and assigning those returned trucks. I sat in the greer yard for 4 days waiting for my truck. Then worked 2 weeks without a drivers manager. Finally, it took 5 days sitting in Hurricane, WV truck stop to get my fuel card working. After that things were fine.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2015
    GWS Thanks this.
  5. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    150 watt plug in invertors are allowed. The only hard wired invertors allowed is if for CPAP and they install it. This crap about plug in invertors has been going on for as long as I can remember. Swift knows that the majority of us here have laptop and they need to be charged somehow without always going into a truck stop and sit forever and waiting to charge it.

GWS Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Inverters plugged in to a 12V socket have never been a problem, at least in the nearly 5 years I have in with Swift.
    It has always been in the open and plugged in while in the shops, and never a word has been spoken against it.

Someone said 'no satellite radio'?
    Why not? I have one.
    It's not supplied by Swift, but so what? It works off a 12V plug, just like my cooler and inverter and a couple other things.

Swift may not equip the trucks with very much, but that doesn't mean I can't stay comfortable.
    I can keep food and drinks cold with my Coleman cooler, I can cook very good meals with my little lunch box oven, I can power my computer and chargers with a small inverter.
    What am I missing?

I really get tired of people that complain so much about what Swift doesn't supply in the truck.
    If you are so against it, go somewhere else.
    But, like I said, I have found ways to deal with it that are acceptable to me.
    I never go without a charged battery or a hot meal. I idle as I need to, I choose loads that suit me and run those loads pretty much as I see fit. No one bothers me about ANYTHING.

From what I have gathered over the years, Swift is one of the easiest companies to deal with.
    That is why I'm still here after all this time.

And believe me, I am not the easiest person to deal with.
    I'm a bitter old man that doesn't feel like putting up with a great deal.

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    O/Os can have hard wired inverters. KW at Phoenix will install it to "Swift" specs.

8. MsJamie

MsJamie Road Train Member

Yep. One of those 'incentives" to lease.

9. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Had one in my last truck and then got this new one, and no, did not put it in. After realized how much paid and how much I actually used it, not worth it. It would not even charge my laptop because of sine.

10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I've never had a problem charging anything, even my laptop, because of that.

11. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Sine? Ain't that a brand? Maybe you just got the unlucky one or somebody wired it wrong. If it's the latter, your lucky you didn't burn down.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.