Swift O/O Load Board

Discussion in 'Swift' started by MysticHZ, Feb 9, 2013.

1. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I'll give you a call in the next few days . My Command guy has some explaining to do although I might just skip him and talk to Michael . I'll check your numbers when I get back to the truck and I'll see you in Las Vegas this spring since that's out of my winter time driving area .

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Let me emphasize this again ... you can't just call the broker, you have to be invited on to the program. Contact Rapid Response and let them know your interest ... if they deem you qualified and there is an opening, then you will be invited via a QC message.

I've run this program for 5 years and been solo the entire time ... Never felt compelled or the need to go train. Frankly I can't cost justify it.

4. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    No problem ... and please do check my numbers.

Was in Vegas about 3 weeks ago. Sat for 32 hours before I got a load, then sat 20 hours waiting to get loaded. To be fair I was getting preplans that would load me as soon as I emptied ... but they were sending where I was going to be sitting for at least 2 days before I sniffed a load.

5. 7seriestv

7seriestv Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2016
    I see that, I was talking about calling rapid response to get on the list.

6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    I have not used Command for long time. Seems that I am always in a area that if Swift does not have freight then neither does Command. Last time that I pulled a Command load I was in Decatur. Had to run around looking for a empty trailer to pick up a Command load and the place that I went, one of our customers that had at least 5 empty trailers sitting there and then when I delivered, again, one of our customers and I had to live load and unload

7. ladiesman304

ladiesman304 Light Load Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    I was invited into the program last week & ive used them 3 times so far. After reading this thread i went back & did the math & the broker is paying more than swift.

7seriestv Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    Every load with the broker is negotiable. You have to think on your feet and know what the Swift rate would be going in.

You want to to get and should get more than the Swift rate. How much you get is going to depend on your knowledge of lane rates. You can get an idea of how much the broker has in it and try to get as much of it as you can.

The broker is a tool for managing your business. Use it to maximize your revenue opportunities.

inkeper Thanks this.
  9. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    Where do I find the lane rate info?

10. MysticHZ

May 28, 2010
    I subscribed to truckloadrate.com ... will cost you about $30 a month. As near as I can tell it fairly accurate

jenziedk Thanks this.
  11. jenziedk

jenziedk Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Houston, Texas
    I delivered my first broker load yesterday and my pending shows mileage pay instead of the negotiated rate. Does payroll fix it when they come in on Monday or do I need to call them?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.