Sysco part time driver

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Brutal Rattler, May 14, 2015.

1. Brutal Rattler

Brutal Rattler Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Apple Valley, CA
    Hey guys first time posting here. I applied to the Sysco here in my home town of Oxnard, CA. I had the phone interview Tuesday and was called back yesterday to come in Friday for the face to face interview and to be dressed for the possibility of doing the road test as well.

I've already read and researched quite a bit about the company and what the days consist of lumping around cases all day. I didn't notice when I first applied but turns out this position is for part time delivery driver. Does anyone have experience with doing part time for Sysco or know what to expect? Will it be a decent amount of hours? Curious because like everyone else I have rent and bills to pay still. Thanks for anyone's input!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MadeinMX

MadeinMX Light Load Member

Sep 24, 2014
    Mexico
    Food service is always a hard work. You will have hours, and you cant go home until you are done with your route. Lots of physical work. Hope you are fit! Good luck!

Brutal Rattler Thanks this.
  4. duckdiver

duckdiver Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Surf city
    Is it a union house? They'll call you part time while you're on probation (90 days) but you'll get full time hours and then some. Good luck!

Brutal Rattler Thanks this.
  5. Brutal Rattler

Brutal Rattler Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2011
    Apple Valley, CA
    Yes its a union house. They explained its a status because of the seniority list for when business slows down. But, this year they haven't had a guy under 4 days 40 hours

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.