Sysco

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Cajuntex, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Cajuntex

Cajuntex Light Load Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Does anyone no if Sysco has raises, bonuses, pension. This is a union barn.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Pintlehook

Pintlehook Road Train Member

May 2, 2013
    Maybe try to contact the company or local union for clarification? It's going to depend on what barn.

4. MidWester

MidWester Light Load Member

Oct 13, 2015
    I believe each Sysco has their own setup so it might vary from location. Heard it's a great gig though.

5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Sysco is a favorite customer of mine for deliveries from the Meat Triangle out west. One of the best would be Pokomoke City on the eastern tidewater shore below Ocean City, you can pull in at night in the bullpen, sleep until sunrise or when they call you around to dock and unload for you. There is a gas station about 4 miles north of there you can get your comchecks and so forth. Just keep in mind during high wind advisories and above the ocean bridge crossing to Norfolk is closed to 18 wheelers.

6. Youngtrucker91

Youngtrucker91 Light Load Member

Aug 11, 2015
    If you stay in Arizona it's a union shop you get paid by the hour time half after your 8 hour medical payed and pension I worked there 2 years good money but no life

7. bentstrider83

bentstrider83 Road Train Member

Dec 26, 2011
    Portales, NM
    Beginning to sound a little worse for the time-off parts I'm concerned with. I had a phone interview for an Amarillo position(taking the plunge and moving out to the cowboy-ish part of Texas if needed :( ) . While the Albuquerque position had a 4on/3off deal, the interviewer couldn't specify whether or not the Amarillo location did the same.

Currently, I'm shuttling trailers, with occasional loading over at "The River". The start times/hours tend to be pretty chill for the most part. Only thing I'm worried about is getting inundated with over-time and having to take on a dayshift(I'm a night guy and consider the dayshifts overrated). Yeah, I could pay off the pickup faster and skewer some other expenses, but I still want at least a few days to not have to be in tactical mode.

8. Youngtrucker91

Aug 11, 2015
    Be careful man they will force you in on your days off and tell you they don't have drivers to cover routes bunch of bs

9. LakeLife80

LakeLife80 Light Load Member

Feb 18, 2016
    Ohio
    I worked there. It's a horrible job. The paycheck is decent, but well under what it should be for all the work you do, management harassment, BS you encounter daily, 12+ hour days, etc.

Mike2633 and Youngtrucker91 Thank this.
  10. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    We had a guy come over from Sysco, Cleveland, he works now down in Akron. He was telling me all about Sysco Cleveland what a load of crock with there stupid camera policy and management sweeping there favorites under the rug because after all they can't fire everyone.

Youngtrucker91 Thanks this.
  11. Youngtrucker91

Aug 11, 2015
    the dash cams are recording you all the time they tell u they don't but they lie any little mistake they fire you

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.