System transport

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kansasboy, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    I was wondering if any works or has worked for this flatbed company before, it between them and tmc that i am deciding, any info will be appreciated

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Marine1

Marine1 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Kansasboy, If you don't mind me asking, what happened at TMC? I thought I just read a post from you about being at the Baymont hotel for school and signing a 1 year contract to work for TMC after you finished school? Sorry, but I'm just trying to find out about TMC. Thanks.

4. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Iam still here just curious about system transport thats all, just want to keep my options open ik case this doesnt work out thats all

Marine1 Thanks this.
  5. Marine1

Marine1 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    Ok great! So how did you end up at a school for TMC? I was looking into them but I couldn't find anything on their website about them sending a person to school? I noticed you were even able to get your CDL permit while at the school as well. Any info on that would be great. Thanks again for the quick response.

6. trailblazer2330

trailblazer2330 Bobtail Member

Feb 15, 2016
    I work for system transport. I have been here about a year. I can't say too much about OTR. I am a dedicated local driver hauling equipment for GENIE. Ive heard things are much better on the other fleets, but this fleet will make you want to shoot yourself. You are micro managed beyond your wildest imagination. a lot of guys came here from OTR fleets and say they were treated much better and like a professional when working those fleets. from what i hear you are left alone OTR if you do your job. I am giving up the local job i worked so hard for, because i can't stand working with my driver coordinator any longer. I am going OTR or joining the Pole division. System as a whole has been great. Ive made great money, had great equipment, and have been treated like the "professional Driver" we all consider ourselves to be. overall i really like system, it is just the one bad apple that ruined the local fleet I'm on for me. there is a list of 26 magnets on the door in our lounge, each magnet has a name on it. each name belongs to a person who has quit in the last almost 2 years since this new ####### of a driver coordinator started working and dispatching our local fleet here in north bend WA. if that doesn't say something i don't know what else does.

J_D_Boss_Hawg Thanks this.
  7. EMAW_Country

EMAW_Country Bobtail Member

Feb 21, 2016
    It costs $300, 150 of which you get back in $50 increments each of the 3 weeks. Most meals are covered as is all lodging and transport(even to Des Moines). After the 3 wks its 5 weeks otr training. Should you leave before the 1 year, you owe $2400, which will actually be pro-rated. They do NOT take out money for the school after you start work though. Big thing is you don't get paid till otr training, specifically your second week of otr (delayed pay schedule). 500 a week during otr.

8. J_D_Boss_Hawg

J_D_Boss_Hawg Light Load Member

May 25, 2015
    Mebane nc
    I applied to TMC first but they wouldn't take me because too many drivers already livein my town. so I went to system. it's been great. I run tx regional. we stay busy, go home every wknd un less you want to stay out, or sometimes trucking just happens. no one bugs me. I have no complaints.

9. Jubal3

Jubal3 Heavy Load Member

Apr 2, 2015
    Central WA
    Three months after the OP, so I don't know if this is going to be helpful, but I found System to be a mixed bag. NW regional fleet is a nightmare. Don't even think about it. Poles is amazing and the best dispatch you will EVER have at ANY company. Dallas has a good rep as does Pheonix. The OTR fleet is a mixed bag, some guys do great, others, not so much. You'd better like Tarping a LOT. Because you will do it 70% of all loads. There are lots of great people that work there on the back end: Dale Kayser, Terri in logs, Joe in Safety, And I could go on and on. There is a lot of micromanagement. Fuel stops, route managing, etc that's sometimes a real hassle. The best company to work for? NO WAY. A GOOD company? Yes indeed. BTW Their health insurance is psychotically expensive.

TopWop Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.