T680 Passenger Seat

Discussion in 'Kenworth Forum' started by Raiderfanatic, May 23, 2015.

1. Raiderfanatic

Raiderfanatic Heavy Load Member

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    So our new truck got to the dealer Monday. They threw the PTO on and then sent it to our shop so we can get blower installed among other things. I ran up there yesterday to check it out and take decals etc.... I've been excited about the passenger seat swiveling around to face sleeper. So when I got there that was one of the first things I wanted to check out. Could not figure out how the darn thing was suppose to work. No owners manual, instructions...nothing. So I called the dealer and of course that got me nowhere. The seat looks identical to the drivers seat, no extra levers, nothing. I'm an thinking they put in the wrong seat. Can't run it back right now cause air tanks and brackets have to be moved around and made to fit the blower, driveline etc... So it will be a week or so before it can get back to the dealer. In the meantime, anyone who has a 680, can you tell me if there is another lever on the passenger seat that makes it turn around? Or am I just a dumbasss and not doing something correct? Thanks

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 315wheelbase

315wheelbase Heavy Load Member

Oct 26, 2014
    most likely not a swivel seat,,keep looking to see if there is any thing difference in the seats,,

Raiderfanatic Thanks this.
  4. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

The SWIVEL release is on the left hand side of the passenger seat on ours, also watch this and you will see him reach to the left when swivelling the seat.

5. Raiderfanatic

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    yep, we looked at that video yesterday. As soon as he reached down, my son said he has a lever we don't have, Dad. Kenworth is just going to have to get it right. Paid a lot of money for certain things. They didn't even put the full privacy curtains in. The ones that cover the windshield aren't there. Track is but no curtains. lol Guess if these are the worst problems so far, I should probably be happy. I just have the expectations that when that type of money is being spent, things should be right. But.....lol

6. FLATBED

Hey its KW and they are no better today than the other truck builders , things fall between the cracks and I know from experience been dealing with KW since 1984

7. Raiderfanatic

Jul 18, 2010
    Hutchinson, KS
    I hear ya. Just been in this 2000 T-2000 for five years and before that one old truck after another. So a brand new truck kinda has me excited. Truck was already 3 weeks behind from dealer so more delays....lol My kid said I was acting like a child at Christmas yesterday....and he's only 15. lol

FLATBED Thanks this.
  8. FLATBED

Yes a new truck is nice just remember lots of headaches with the new ones as well as the old ones

9. Jeffo

Jeffo Bobtail Member

Apr 7, 2020
    Can you stop the seating from lowering when there is no weight on it?

10. mitrucker

mitrucker Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Lapeer, MI
    Nope

Jeffo Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.