Tanker Job

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by MaxRev, Nov 24, 2015.

1. MaxRev

MaxRev Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Hello

Has anyone heard of a Missouri Trucking Company that hauls diesel for locomotives? I live in Milwaukee and have interview today for this company. They got the contract for Union Pacific here and it pays by the hour with 12 hour shifts. Doesn't sound to bad so far just wondering if anyone has heard of this company?

Thanks,

Texnmidwest Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Wait! I'm confused! You have an interview with a company you don't know exists?

4. MaxRev

MaxRev Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Yes he didn't mention the name of the company. I have the interview this afternoon. Just wondering if anyone had info on this company. I realize I didn't give you much to go on.

5. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Didn't mention the company, no, no red flags there.............

6. Blackshack46

Blackshack46 Road Train Member

Lol. How fo you know the interview started if you don't know the company?

Interviewer: Good afternoon, I'm John from great train fuels inc.

Interviewee: excuse me john, I'm waiting for someone actually.

Sorry OP, just busting your chops and I'm bored as hell waiting at this shipper.

7. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    They advertise for something like that on the St. Louis Craigslist.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    There's a company like that in Nashville that's legit, but don't remember the name of it. The drivers complain they work too hard. Deliver a tanker load of diesel, unload it, then go get another one, back to back. I don't know what they expect and it's a job where you're home every day.
    If you want local, go to the interview and check it out.

9. mountaingote

mountaingote Road Train Member

Sep 22, 2012
    I know Savage fuels trains all over the country, don't know if it would be them

10. MaxRev

MaxRev Bobtail Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Hey Guys

Turns out this is Pinkerton Oil out of Porter Indiana. They are expanding into Wisc. and the job is delivering Diesel to Railroad Engines at coal plants around Milwaukee to start and then taking over the entire state from there. Sounds like a great opportunity and was wondering if anyone out there has heard of them?

Thanks,

11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    In theory, that is a great scenario. However...I hauled corrugated sheets at my previous employer, and they liked to send you out on two 6.5 hour runs. Sounds great, and is within the legal 14 hour window, but when you live in the northeast, and both turns are going to northern NJ and/or Philly, it leaves you no wiggle room for traffic and other delays.

In my case, I didn't work too hard, but I WAS stressed out all the time trying to beat the e-log clock.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.