TDC Joplin, Mo

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Jlikestruckin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Most of you that post on bad companys don't have a clue lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Jlikestruckin

Jlikestruckin Bobtail Member

Jul 23, 2016
    Maybe not, maybe my definition of what I think is bad may be different then someone else's but I've never not received some kind of paycheck. So it just feels like a slap in the face.

4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well sir then time to move on ! Wish you well !

Jlikestruckin Thanks this.
  5. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    I wish there was a decent company in the kc/springfield/Joplin area. I'm in the same bout. Currently get 2k-2.2k miles/week home on weekends. I've called most companies in the area and they offer equal to or less than wat I make now. Or they have horrible reviews.

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Yeah I only lived Joplin for a couple years but I noticed that same scenario as you did there , lol they all think 32 cpm is good money so I never did work out Joplin .

7. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Not sure about what type of work you are wanting to do, but ACT (American Central Transport) out of Liberty, MO was good while I was there, good T680s and T660s to boot.

8. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Out of Kansas City. OIX is the best. ACT is okay. NKC transport is alright Clark out of Columbia. Trans Am is in the area, Olathe I wouldn't work there.

There was something out of Carthage. Sexton or the like.

9. Lucy in the Sky

Lucy in the Sky Medium Load Member

Dec 19, 2015
    Heard they have driver facing cameras. Not my cup of tea

Heard good things about ortran but after getting recruitings voice mail several times and doing a bit of Googling I gathered they are expanding a bit to fast and don't have the back office support staff for all the drivers they hire, leading to lots of operational problems

10. Bo Hunt

Bo Hunt Light Load Member

Aug 6, 2015
    Gah, forgot about that. They were testing them around time I left. Whoopsies lol.

11. RStewart

RStewart Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2015
    Norman, OK
    I worked for TDC about 10 years ago. I didn't have a good dispatcher so my experience wasn't that good. But the owner, Larry was a good guy. I probably could've got my problem resolved if I would've talked to him but instead I talked to my dispatcher & ops manager & it didn't help.

On a side note: One day I was in the office telling dispatcher about my seat in the truck being worn out. I was driving an old jb hunt truck. The owner was standing there & he asked nd what was wrong so I told him. He called out to the shop & had then get me a new seat & it was I my truck that afternoon.

When I quit I took my truck to Joplin & they arranged for a westbound driver to pick me up & take me to my town do my wife could get me.

Also, 2 weeks after I quit I get my fuel bonus in the mail. Couldn't believe it.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Two weeks after I started they loaned me $600 to pay my rent because I was not in a good situation financially. Took it out at $50 a week.

Bumfites Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.