Thanks Sales.....

Discussion in 'Prime' started by texasbbqbest, Jul 15, 2015.

1. texasbbqbest

texasbbqbest Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    So my trainer and got a run to CA. Made the drop. Did a local delivery of a load that was in a drop yard already.

Then we get a load plan for grapes. The 01 SAYS its in Carlsbad, CA. We were in Fontana. On the load info none of the phone numbers were good and our Navigo couldn't find the address.

So we are told to drive to Carlsbad and we do. We get there and the place isn't there and hasn't been for years! So we contact dispatch. They talk to sales. Several hours go by.

Dispatch says Whoops. 01 is actually in Edison CA which is by Bakersfield. The pick up was supposed to be at 1900 (which wasn't gonna happen anyway because of LA traffic).

Sales says 01 is open untill 0200 next day. So we go that way knowing we aren't gonna make it. We spend the night an hour away on the side of the road.

Today we got the load and head to SpringMO to drop off (truck needs work).

So my question is this: Since no one had the correct info (address or phone number) how the hell did sales arrange this load in the first place? It's like they pulled the original info out their ###.

Trainer was pissed! He's a LO. Costed him a lot to go to Carlsbad for nothing. This load doesn't pay #### either.

teamkelly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    that and wrong release numbers. Had that happen all the time, it was like a game show or something.

teamkelly and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  4. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Yeah. Trainer said it happens relatively regularly.

teamkelly Thanks this.
  5. texasbbqbest

Dec 9, 2014
    Minneapolis, MN
    Oh and what is a release number? Is that the same as a BOL number? Maybe I just call it something else...

6. darthanubis

darthanubis Heavy Load Member

Jun 26, 2015
    This is what I don't get about people rushing to lease?

How do they stay in the black?

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  7. unloader

unloader Road Train Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Sounds like BillyBob in sales had one too many whiskeys on his lunch break!

More seriously, always expect the unexpected when hauling produce. Always. Good rule of thumb to have. Could've been just old load info that phantomed (I.E. Was never changed) it's way back into the system. ;)

"What'ya mean their location changed!? It's a Vineyard... I ain't changing nuttin'!"

unloader

8. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Release number is the same as a confirmation number or a pick up number that you would give the shipper so they know what load you are getting. You can't just show up at a shipper and say "hey, I'm here to pick up a load
    I drive for Prime.". Some of the customers Prime goes to will have multiple pickups a day from just Prime alone. This is a number you'll use a lot when you deliver to a Walmart as well.

texasbbqbest and Chucktshoes Thank this.
  9. marineman227

marineman227 Dock Waterer

Jan 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I don't know if prime can or will do it but I've gone 100 miles out of route before because of dispatch error so they put a route waypoint in where I turned around and I got paid for the miles. In fact the way they entered it, it showed up as an extra stop on the load so I got stop pay for it too.

10. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    You have a smart phone for a reason. Use it. Trust me on this. It's not much to look up a customer name and get the general idea of where they might be. A load number will always send you in the right direction once you make that phone call.

unholy7, texasbbqbest and skellr Thank this.
  11. purpleprime

purpleprime Medium Load Member

May 30, 2013
    spickard, mo
    Of its their error they will pay might not be much but should at least cover fuel sometimes you have to put your foot down to get what you deserve

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.