Thanks Sales.....

Discussion in 'Prime' started by texasbbqbest, Jul 15, 2015.

1. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Have a friend who actually trained me at Prime who does not move his truck unless his FM pays at least fuel. When I was with him back in 2011 it worked well for him on DH's, and still does today.
    Personally, After the 1st screw-up my truck would not have moved a foot unless someone kicked in fuel at least. He needs to stand up to his FM and sales and say this is how its going to be and that is that, if they don;t like it then he needs to either get another FM or move on. Sorry but I have no sympathy for L/O's who allow themselves to be abused.
    Now you asked how it can happen that the directions are wrong, simple, NO ONE has updated the directions in the QC and I betcha neither did you guys.
    Sorry to be so blunt but that is how it is.

Ditch Doctor and texasbbqbest Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    Some of these places move location or get bought out and change names or sometimes it a po box #, lol. time to brush up on some google-##.

keep your mindreader hat handy. :)

texasbbqbest Thanks this.
  4. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    "Allow themselves to be abused:" is EXACTLY what is happening.

I didn't let dispatch get away with running me around as a company driver, or when I was doing L/P. Now that its my truck you can be sure its not gonna fly either.

5. austinmike

austinmike Road Train Member

Jul 11, 2011
    Missouri
    I forget the exact term. The number you give the shipper to pick up your load. I cant remember. We would give em one number, no thats not it, how bout this number? no thats not it either. get on the horn to dispatch and then get the right number.

6. teamkelly

teamkelly Bobtail Member

Jul 10, 2015
    If prime theydont

7. Highway101

Highway101 Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2011
    Fallon, Nevada
    Actually, what happens is either they train or they are really a good business person and know/understand the business. I know quite a few that do well, but then again I have know a TON who don't last because they do not understand that it is a business and how to make money. Plain and simply, its not Primes job to teach you how to run YOUR business its your job, they will give you the tools, but if you don't understand how to do it, its on you.

8. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Once again, you don't have a business, all you have is a truck. Someone else makes decisions for you. What to haul, where to fuel, how fast you can drive etc.

texasbbqbest and Cat sdp Thank this.
  9. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I don't even have a truck. ;(

10. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    I did not mean you, I meant lease operators in general.

11. KeithT1967

KeithT1967 Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Springfield, Ohio
    Ever heard the saying "its better to remain silent and be thought a fool than speak and prove it" ?

What to haul... L/P and straight lease is no different than a Leased O/O. He who has the DOT number on the side of the truck decides what you haul.

Where to fuel... I don't know about every company policy but the ones I'm familiar with don't tell where to fuel. During my L/P stint I purchased fuel where I decided to purchase with no company input. Including paying out of pocket when the lowest price spot in the area did not accept EFS.

How fast to drive... Hmmm... again, I'm not an expert like you but... Nobody ever told me how fast I could drive other than don't get caught speeding. Thats only common sense.

Don't have a business? Life is a business bud.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.