THE ADVENTURES MK III - Still doing it my way

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 5, 2014.

1. centralmi

centralmi Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Cincinnati Oh
    That's not all bad. Boring means no accidents, tickets or break downs. Lol

mickimause and scythe08 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Formers are welcome as far as I am concerned. Orange dont come off that easy.

91B20H8, mickimause and scythe08 Thank this.
  4. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Hey DFO , tell us what's the difference between owning and leasing a truck on choice? What are the pros and cons. It's time for an update.

mickimause Thanks this.
  5. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    It's a move that I'm happy I made. I'm still glad I leased for a year though before getting my own truck. Gave me a chance to get my feet wet.

Knowing that a leasing company cannot "repo" my truck because I broke some stupid safety rule or pissed off someone at SFI/SNI, etc., is a nice feeling. It's also nice knowing that I could switch to pulling for another company or get my own authority at will should I ever desire to do so without the need to get approval from SFI.

Of course my truck is (much) older than the one I leased so I spend more on maintenance and there's always little things that need to be fixed. But the way I look at it is that at some point I can go through this truck and put in a whole new engine and driveline and rears and it will be good to go for (at the current rate) at least another 1.3 million miles and yet it still won't have any of the finnicky BS that you have to deal with on the new trucks. I haven't had one check engine light, one emissions problem, etc. It's just so much simpler.

It's not for everyone and I understand why some are totally happy with leasing. Obviously many have and will continue to make it work doing either. I'm glad I've had a chance to experience both.

Sunroof still leaks though.

6. rickybobby

rickybobby Road Train Member

Jul 10, 2010
    greensboro, nc
    Hey I know what you mean, I just hit 800k. I had a few bumps and bruises. Nothing major and never been down more than a day. Time fly by its been 5 years since I bought my truck. im glad to hear things are working out for you. You don't post much, because your home a lot ...lol

dieselfuelonly Thanks this.
  7. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    "Sunroof still leaks" is your trucks way of telling you to shower more.

8. HWY-85

HWY-85 Bobtail Member

May 29, 2015
    Miami, FL
    Great story here! Just shows you have to fallow your heart and just go for it.

PoleCrusher Thanks this.
  9. Home_on_wheels

Home_on_wheels Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2015
    Cruising the USA
    He ain't out long enough to need a shower. He's home every night!! I think he just posts on here that he's at Carlisle. Really he's sitting at home. HEHEHE

PoleCrusher, mickimause and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  10. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Man I let this thread get 3 pages back since I haven't made a post here in so long...

Some personal reasons have recently and will probably continue to keep me off of the road for a bit. Nothing's changed other than I just haven't been trucking... talk about something I miss more and more each day. Hopefully it won't be too much longer until I am back at it. SNI doesn't care... just the occasional e-mail from my ICA to check in. Otherwise not a peep.

I know I have let some texts, phone messages, and PMs go unanswered lately, and I apologize for that. You're all good people here and I feel bad for not making the time to keep in touch like I should, unfortunately some other things have taken priority.

Hope everyone has a nice holiday weekend whether you're taking some time off or working through it. I will say, being home on the 4th sure beats my experience from 2 years ago, spending the day at the NJ welcome center after crossing over the George Washington headed south...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2015
    Opus, mickimause, 88 Alpha and 9 others Thank this.
  11. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Keep it rolling brother! Best wishes on taken care of the personal stuff!

mickimause and dieselfuelonly Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.