The BEST thing to ever happen to trucking!!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Industry Regulations' started by Ristow, Aug 10, 2016.

1. WiggleWagon

WiggleWagon Light Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
    Parked At The Fuel Island
    speed limiters, ick.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    thejackal Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Replaced sleeper trucks with day cabs to stuff more paying weight into the trailer.

Thanks! You just gutted your fleet's ability to use line two in addition to increasing your hotel bills for those who must now stop 30 miles from your yard with the precious computer at the 11th hour. So stupid.

Keep the sleeper trucks for flexibility and raise your #### rates. If you customers flee, find other customers.

Dharok Thanks this.
  4. thejackal

thejackal Road Train Member

Mar 1, 2014
    detroit mi
    Ya...I ain't holding my breath for that one. Same logic applies when the FMSCA changed HOS around adding csa...like they mandated more parking areas...govt is a lost cause.

Dharok Thanks this.
  5. #1don

#1don Medium Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    somewhere down south
    Amen brother AMEN!!! I have been trying to preach that for I don't know how long. Of course even at $0.50 a mile you still want all you can handle at least I do. But there's one thing about it when you have somewhat of a crap week 2200 to 2300 mile week ,at least that's a crap week to me, it makes it a heck of a lot easier to handle as opposed to these 0.36 to 0.38 / cpm companies. And have signs on the back of their trailers want more miles ? Call us we have the miles and the home time. I just added up my miles for the past 8 weeks not counting this current week 20842÷8 = 2605 miles average a week x .50/cpm = 1302.625 gross . . . Sorry had to get my trusty digital brain out to figure all that up. That is $67,736.50 a year if you keep up with that average and yes in those 8 weeks I had a couple weeks less than 2000 mile. Something else I try to tell these new breed drivers that want to jump from job to job because they have a couple of slack weeks they need to look at their overall average. Not week by week but month to month and quarter to quarter. Go get a real job get away from the .30-something CPM mile a week companies and as the man said stop thinking about miles miles miles and look at your CPM. Amenbrother hallelujah preach on!!!

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
    Dharok Thanks this.
  6. tow614

tow614 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2013
    I dont really see how speed limiters are going to affect companies because most of them already govern their trucks....

Complain all you want but had drivers acted responsibly their would be no need for all this oversight...

All you whiners have only yourselves to blame...

snowwy Thanks this.
  7. Ristow

Ristow Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2014
    Fema Region 5
    Lol! Clueless.

Which explains why cars get to go faster? Cuz obviously car drivers are so responsible. How many wrecks with trucks do they cause again?

8. Dharok

Dharok Medium Load Member

Jun 10, 2015
    What kind of freight do you haul? And how many years of exp do you need to get in your company. Now, is that starting pay or you've been there for a while? What is their hiring area.. what's their name? Feel free to pm me if you're kind enough to share.. thanks

9. Sportster2000

Sportster2000 Road Train Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Indiana
    The company I work for pay by the hour. Doesn't matter where you are or how far you have to drive. It is paid by the hour. Yet a few of the drivers still push the HOS rules beyond what they should. We don't yet have E-logs but like everyone else we are going to have too. I am on the other side of the fence. Personally it is just one more thing that I have to deal with on top of my time clock and log books.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.