the new app

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Luse, May 11, 2015.

1. fairshake

fairshake Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2010
    Chickenville, BFE
    You can always disable or delete the app, most apps track info of some sort. As for why it wants your location now is for future features not yet finished would most likely be "their" answer.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    'Their' answer always puts me at the disadvantage, as far as I can see.

HousTank Thanks this.
  4. Eckoh

Eckoh Medium Load Member

Aug 26, 2014
    they are not unique bar codes, you can photo copy them all you want. Hell i made 1 trip sheet and put my driver code and truck number on it and made copies at home just to save time and used them for months.

Buckeye91, Moosetek13 and scottied67 Thank this.
  5. Tolan

Tolan Light Load Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Detroit, MI
    I like it so far. I could care less if swift knows i spend most my home time in a bar as i am a drunk (just not on the road) the scanning is pertty cool ive used it a few times. The only problem is it is time consuming to scan the book reports that most my loads are. But if its a page or two its nice. If swift wants to track me go for it. Cause lets face it the nsa already is so.....

Buckeye91 Thanks this.
  6. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    How could I counter the load to my advantage? Does it let you change appt pickup and delivery times?

7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    In the Mac 9 you can say no to accepting the load and then put in new times for the pick up and delivery.
    If the times are within the customer's windows, the times will be updated and it will be sent back to you.

8. musicgal

musicgal Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Carthage, Missouri
    If you turn off the GPS on your phone you can access the information while the vehicle is moving.

9. Iceman1984

Iceman1984 Light Load Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Wilmington, NC
    Okay, cool. I'm preplanned for a load after I empty out tomorrow, but I don't think I'll make the 0600 appt delivery time. Hopefully, I can push it back to about 0800...

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Pre-loaded/drops usually has a window, and a live load/unload many times does especially if you see FCFS somewhere in there.

Sometimes they are hard appointment times that can't be changed.
    If that is the case, and you adjust the times outside of that, the load will simply be removed from you and you will be sent something else.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.