Thinking about it!

Discussion in 'Werner' started by FireFighter_02, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    F that! Have you ever unloaded Dollar Account? Did it acouple times. Imagine unloading a 53' footer daily. Especially for peanuts. You pick up every box and roll it down rollers to unload. No pallets, no dock. Very physical. If your gonna do physical work find a Foodservice job. You'll deliver less and get paid more and be home daily. Foodservice companies have driver CDL programs. LTL is a little tricky cause it's Florida but it's hiring season so someone I'm sure is training. YRC which owns my company has a CDL driver program. They are always hurting for drivers and somebody on here got their CDL recently through them without doing dock work. Hard to compete with the higher paying LTL's so they have to train noobs now. Home time weekly and you'll make 70k or more. Also don't know if USF Holland is in that area. Pepsi will get you a CDL if you have a permit. Just throwing out some options. There's better choices then mega carriers.

My disclaimer

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
    rachi Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Werner, U.S. Express, Schneider, Swift all have those dedicated accounts. Buy a high quality back support belt because you will need it.
    Check with Conway, Dartco, CCC Transportation; mayby they have something better.

BostonTanker and Radman Thank this.
  4. FireFighter_02

FireFighter_02 Light Load Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    I wanted to check into Conway but their website is messed up. I will look into yrc and some other companies and see who will pick me up, I applied with Pepsi and got denied

5. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    I do know Sygma has driver training and ABF has driver training programs too. OLD dominion freight lines. They train. ABF might be a long process though to get hired.

6. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    What im seeing is these companies such as yrc, southeastern, od, abf are all requiring experience. This is getting really old. I need a job and I can't afford to go away for months right now for personal reasons

7. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Southeastern(at least the terminal by my house) offers driver trainee positions. According to their website they have slots open right now in Miami, Fort Myers, Tampa, and Ocala.

rachi Thanks this.
  8. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    I'm North West Florida and I am home every week with Schneider. Was only away from home for orientation which was three weeks and the second week was otr with a trainer.

rachi Thanks this.
  9. Radman

Radman Road Train Member

Apr 18, 2011
    SEFL That's a LTL company. Might be a good choice. Reddaway contracts our freight through them for the south and south east.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    They don't require experience. Some even hire with a cdl permit. Much depends on the terminal.
    I don't know of one single trucking company website that is up to date.

mindes Thanks this.
  11. FireFighter_02

Mar 28, 2014
    Keystone heights, fl
    They told me I had to have a refresher and I had to pay for it they wernt

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.