Thought I was about to get an inspection at Walmart today

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by A Bug, Jun 29, 2015.

1. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    Rough situation happened today, I was parking for the night at walmart, There is a big mess of trucks all huddled together so I go and join them.

Few minutes after I am parked three police cars show up and park themselves right next to me as I am doing post trip. Thought they were going to chase us all off or something but instead they were busting up this gang of beggars that had this huge sign they made saying "In GODS name give us gas money!"

So i got this iffy drive tire that I need to check but when I stick the pressure gauge thing in it I get a reading of 85, and this is after driving for a couple hundred miles. No problem I got an airline I keep on the truck just for times like these. Except when I pull the gauge out all of a sudden air starts gushing out the valve stem and I cannot get it to stop. It is loud enough that I am sure the cops could all hear it and the last thing I wanted to do was attract attention from them at the end of the day here.

So I stick my finger over the thing and that quiets it down. This tire was missing one of those little valve cap things so I pull a valve cap off of another tire and that seemed to stop the leak. Luckily the cops all took off after the thieves were chased off without bothering me any.

Any quick and easy way to fix this leak from the valve thing without taking the truck to the shop?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 77smartin

77smartin Road Train Member

Apr 3, 2011
    I dunno.
    You can probably get valve stems and a valve stem remover at Walmart which will solve the problem...also pick up a few extra caps.

4. Pedigreed Bulldog

Pedigreed Bulldog Road Train Member

May 7, 2011
    Go inside the Walmart and buy a valve core tool (can probably find one for around $1). Might just need to snug it up. Walmart also sells the valve cores if you need to change it...sometimes they get old & crusty and stop sealing real well...or there is moisture in the tire and the spring is corroded or broken. Walmart also sells the valve caps, so you won't be missing one anymore.

...since you're there and all, it's a pretty easy solution.

A Bug Thanks this.
  5. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    No, no, no... You have to call breakdown!:eek::confused::p

6. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok, to stir the pot. Why are you using a Walmart parking lot for a place to park when you are driving a trk.
    There are places called truck stops or in fancier words. "travel plazas"
    Even rest areas. Or do you happen to be unlding at the Walmart in the morning???

7. A Bug

A Bug Heavy Load Member

Mar 15, 2014
    Sevierville TN
    I deliver to about 10 walmarts a day sometimes and this just happened to be one of them.

KANSAS TRANSIT and passingthru69 Thank this.
  8. fatherofthree

fatherofthree Light Load Member

Jul 25, 2012
    Iowa
    No no no its just technical enough only call break down when you need to replace a trailer light.

On the serious side thats legit what their telling you its very simple and cheap to boot. Good luck

9. passingthru69

passingthru69 Road Train Member

Ok, Then I see why you parked there.
    I just read to many posts where some of these modern days steering wheel holders think that Walmart is a trkstp.
    Then complain when run off the lot.

10. Ezrider_48501

Ezrider_48501 Road Train Member

Apr 2, 2011
    bismarck, nd
    just get a valve core tool and screw out the valve core and screw a new one in

11. cnsper

cnsper Road Train Member

Feb 28, 2014
    Hell, WalMart should become a member of the KOA campgrounds. Many people think that they are camping when parked in a WalMart parking lot.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.