1. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    go buy a truck , get your own insurance,get your own dot and mc, learn to find freight, learn to do book keeping, learn to work on your truck yourself....and you can use your bluetooth, drive naked, drive as fast as you want, work when you want, and be master of your own destiny.

if not then you better learn to toe the line if not there...some were.

or grab the bull by the horns and put some skin in the game and risk what you own.....put your money were your mouth is.....

Thats what i do, have done and live by. Sure I have lost my balls off and started from nothing more times then i can count lol but alteast i did it on my own terms....

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Good for you Trucker. Get-R-Done...I hear a lot of horror stories but I see quite a few successful guys out there too.

4. georgeandson

georgeandson Heavy Load Member

Feb 18, 2011
    1 mile down the road.
    LOL thanks. No one said I was doing good by any means LOL BUT....I do make it or break in on my terms!

exhausted379 Thanks this.
  5. adjust fire

adjust fire Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Central TX
    Freebird, you are correct is not always sunny when securing and tarping. I have pulled tarps at -14 in McGregor, MN and secured loads in Houston with sweat stinging my eyes and had to go into the sleeper and take a baby wipe bath and change out my sweat drenched clothes and underwear before I rolled out. Working in the rain sucks and tarping in high wind will make you wonder why you ever signed up.

That being said TMC has treated me very well and despite what some of the non hackers claim you can make money here. You just have to work smart and not be lazy. TMCs percentage pay is based on performance. I work tired and dirty, plan my trips, burn my 14 to the ground every day, and bring home checks that would piss off many super truckers. I don't do anything fancy, I just work hard and my revenue and percentage is consistently high.

Sure I have bad days, even bad weeks, That's trucking. (dont have to tell you that, you have waaaaaaay more experience than I) The good days have definitely outweighed the bad ones for me.

Can't comment on the camera. My truck doesn't have one.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Tonitos, thomaskirk8, Oldman49 and 3 others Thank this.
  6. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Thanks for the reply.

7. pusherman

pusherman Medium Load Member

Jun 23, 2013
    True but the ones in the office seem to think so but then again they're not out there driving or securing & tarping either

8. Twin Screws

Twin Screws Light Load Member

Apr 5, 2014

You say that because you dont understand the process. If they send you home for walking on the grass.....thats not the true reason they sent you home.

I take it you have never been in the military.

It is a test to see if you can follow simple instructions. If they tell you to stay off the grass....stay off the freaking grass. If you cant be trusted with something as petty as that....WITH THEM STANDING RIGHT THERE, how the heck can they trust you to do your job right when they aren't watching?

MrEd and Lonesome Thank this.
  9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    1 addressed above ,
    2Uh duh, they tell you this openly, all you had to do was ask
    3thats normal, my revenue averaged about $4200 a week when i left. thats above he fleet average of $3250
    4TMC Tarp My Cargo....about says it all there.
    5Trainee has complete say on how the training progresses and the training coordinators tell you this weekly. If you have an issue speak up.
    6Thats a gimmie, but if you have a decent relationship with your fleet manager, then you wont get stuck with a company lumber load, or a stack of trailers.
    7Well yeah, what else you gonna do? Kinda pointless to put you in another truck for a day or two just to keep you moving. And get used to it, thats trucking. I was broke down in Hagerstown Maryland for 5 days for a hole in my charge air cooler all because they didnt want to order the OEM product and wanted to see other options, in the end they had to order to OEM option. I lost a $1500 load that was repowered, and 3 days of loads. All I got for my trouble was a hotel room, and $100.; for breakdown pay.
    8, yes.....yes you did.

Some misconceptions here about TMC, not all the trucks have cameras, mostly its the screw ups that have them, they also have them in about 20% of their trucks..As far as the cameras being on all the time, that depends on your meaning of all the time, and which model of camera you have. The smart drive camera they use is always recording on a 20 second loop, and it only sends out video to the smart drive servers during an "event" (hard brake, body roll, taking a turn too fast). That particular camera is designed to teach a driver that has "issues" how to drive better and more smoothly. The other camera they have is specifically used for drivers who screw up, some of the trucks have them preinstalled because the previous driver in the truck was "awarded" the camera as a means of him keeping his job. That particular camera is more flat and oval shaped about an inch thick and TMC safety has complete control of these cameras and can record whenever they want it too, and at random times.

TB John Thanks this.
  10. BostonTanker

BostonTanker Road Train Member

May 2, 2015
    Boston, MA
    I was gonna go there. They lost me at I had to be married to my girl in order for her to ride, and i was not in their hiring area. (East of 95) I'm 8 miles from 95, and have a Lowe's, 2 home depot, and 2 walmarts all within those 8 miles. They made it seem like they were doing me a big favor if they would approve me. If I lived in Salem NH, which is 40 miles north west of me off of 93, it would have been peezy squeezy. Black and chrome pete are nice, but so is not playing games.

White_Knuckle_Newbie Thanks this.
  11. reefer75

reefer75 Medium Load Member

Feb 26, 2011
    midwest
    I cant believe they still have that "fired for walking on grass rule" I can't say they were bad company when I worked there but was not good either they were strict.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.