top load vs center load antenna

Discussion in 'CB Radio Forum' started by fgb3, Dec 18, 2011.

1. rabbiporkchop

rabbiporkchop Road Train Member

Feb 9, 2012
    Wapwallopen, Pa
    The first step to building a mobile antenna for a tractor is knowing what your height restriction is and knowing your mounting location and that will tell you how long it can be physically.
    It's unfortunate that not too many antenna Builders use that way of thinking and they end up building antennas too long or Too Short

bored silly Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bored silly

bored silly Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2016

4. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    what part of overall height is not sinking in buddy 13'6" is all you you get........you buy a key down antenna they kick the butt out of all these antennas you morons
    talk about. doesn't matter top loaded/bottom loaded whatever. a key down antenna will out perform any of these antennas talked about on here....on a field strength meter a key down antenna will blow all these antennas away top loaded/bottom loaded whatever. look at a big John fat boy antenna and how long the stinger is. and make that work on a trk.
    n fat boy antenna and how long

5. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    you want a high quality antenna you get off your wallet. $$$$$$ everybody talks about Francis predator and whatever and none of them perform all that well... ya #### sure don't see predators at key down competitions gee wonder why idiots

6. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Because yer everyday trucker isn't keying down?

Let me simplify for you. The tallest antenna you can run on your truck implies explicitly 13' 6" max. Only an idiot would think otherwise, and you.

Highwayman1224 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    yeah yeah whatever go buy a 102" figure it out and be done with it. it is seriously old that you guys talk about this crap over and over and over. sorry that my antenna is better than yours.. I'm not a cheap bas----turd I bought one the best and it out performs all the rest..... keep driving the bread trk. obviously you still can't afford the best......

8. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    duh who said your everyday trucker is keying down that was not the point that one flew right over your head... unbelievable

9. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    and 2 of the best antennas out there that are accessible to drivers are various tram/Browning antennas and the very short shaft road ranger antenna.....they have both had testing done to verify just that ..........

10. bored silly

Jul 1, 2016
    common sense yeah right I live my life by common sense and street smarts..... I've been playing with cb radio's antennas and amps linears since you were probably in diapers there buddy boy

11. breadtrk

breadtrk Heavy Load Member

Oct 4, 2015
    20160824_083806.jpg Well, I am over 60 with about 4 million miles under my belt, I might be ready for diapers again real soon, you may have a point there. But as far as the best goes..... I think I know a thing or two about that.

Highwayman1224 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.