Tractor service brake signal pressure to trailer adjustment?

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by Hulld, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Hulld

Hulld Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2015
    Upstate NY
    I have a 2007 Columbia and pull a specialized trailer with air over hydraulic brakes.
    The problem I have is there is quite a delay in trailer brake application vs the tractor brakes.
    I was wondering it there was anyway to ramp up the brake apply signal pressure coming down the blue service line from the tractor to apply the trailer brakes sooner and have more of a balanced trailer brake application?
    I have investigated changing the the trailer relay valve to one with a zero crack pressure to try and help compensate but the trailer is a 2016 with the relay valve intergrated in to the abs system so that fix isn't viable.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mythandar

Mythandar Bobtail Member

May 18, 2016
    I can think of a few things you could try but without having the tractor and trailer available I'm not sure if it would work. What I wonder about is braking systems on tractor/trailers have to meet a specific spec between pedal press and activation, it sounds like your trailer brakes aren't meeting that spec. I'd contact the manufacturer to see what they recommend.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.