Trademark Capital Finance - experiences?

Discussion in 'Canadian Truckers Forum' started by gokiddogo, Jul 25, 2016.

1. gokiddogo

gokiddogo Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Anyone have experience with Trademark Capital Finance out of Markham, ON? I have never financed the title through any other than a bank, where the truck was titled in my name but the bank had a lien on it. Would it stay in the finance company's name until the last payment is made, at which point it would be transferred into my company's name?

shreemike Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    Second question. When I bought my first truck with a bank loan not a finance company loan - the bank did all the searches for liens on equipment - how do I go about this if I pay cash?

4. Bike rider

Bike rider Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2016
    We work with Trademark, they are a finance broker, the funds will come from a finance company that they have a relationship with. Yes, the ownership will stay in the finance company's name until the last payment is made, this is quite normal.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  5. Bike rider

Bike rider Bobtail Member

Apr 11, 2016
    As for your second question, it depends where you are buying the truck, if its a private sale then you can always do Carfax on your own with the complete VIN, but if you are buying from a dealer they will do a lien check on their own before they bought the truck, you could request a copy if you are worried about a lien, they might show it to you and they might not. Make sure you do a lien check in the province that you think the truck was registered in, As an example Trimac plates all of their trucks in Alberta, even if you are operating out of Mississauga; so run a Carfax in Alberta.

gokiddogo Thanks this.
  6. shreemike

shreemike Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Yes. Not a good experience.

7. shreemike

shreemike Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Not a good experience

8. shreemike

shreemike Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    Not a good experience.

9. shreemike

shreemike Bobtail Member

Apr 20, 2018
    You got to be careful with them. Stay out of them if you can.

10. Newfie82

Newfie82 Bobtail Member

Apr 24, 2018
    Can you expand on your experience

11. gokiddogo

Mar 5, 2012
    Ontario Canada
    I found my own family financing. Rather give the interest to the family than a bank. If I die, they get the asset and can sell for repayment.
    I owe my own bank for my trailer. Rather go through what I know than new sources. The way I have it worked, I will never owe more than the asset is worth. Everybody happy.

shreemike Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.