Training at Maverick for CDL graduate.

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Begining at 48, Jul 18, 2012.

1. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Lol go ahead and turn off the reefer unit... Just remember that my key works in your truck, and I will stack that spoiled chicken in your passenger seat while you sleep :p

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    well, we really hijacked this thread didn't we? LOL. Sorry OP, carry on.

4. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Lol you're right... Oops :)

If you have any more questions OP, feel free to ask, just ignore our crazy ramblings :)

5. jkarp77

jkarp77 Bobtail Member

May 19, 2016
    Sandy Springs Ga
    I'm leaving communications as well are you still in trucking ?

6. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Used to be the biggest hurdle at Maverick was their physical. It is VERY thorough. And they will put you on a bus in a second if they find anything wrong. The group I was in had 7 go home due to knees alone. And almost as many due to cardio. We started with almost 40 and lost over half due to the physical alone. A few more couldn't get a tarp onto the deck and were shipped out too.

7. pilot trucker

pilot trucker Light Load Member

Feb 22, 2015
    Ada MI
    what do they do that makes peoples knees bother them?

8. RustyBolt

RustyBolt Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    Bement, IL
    Maverick does nothing to make people's knees bother them. The company that does Maverick's physicals checks every trainee's knees. They have the person sit relaxed with legs dangling. They move your leg around to see if there is any "play" or other problems in the knee. It's painless. But too much "play" and you get a ticket home. They pretty much check all your major joints. But what got most in our group was knees. Maybe they no longer do this. I don't know. I've been away from there for several years.

9. TexasMike

TexasMike "Big Tex"

Jan 28, 2008
    Dallas/Ft. Worth
    Maverick's agility testing is still pretty tough. The point of it is to determine if your physically capable of performing many of the repetitive tasks that flat bedders are required to perform on a daily basis.

The joint testing is looking to determine if joint issues will hinder you from doing all the tasks safely.

I do not know what the exact numbers are, but we unfortunately loose 2-3 each week due to medical issues.

SgtLugnut and pilot trucker Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.