Trans Am Transport

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by the outcast, Oct 23, 2007.

1. the pope

the pope Light Load Member

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    all the trucks in the company are auto shift with the exception of a few super tens that are being extinct

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    explain to me how you're getting so many miles? i dont even break 2500 a week.
    ive cooked the books on ocasions and ive never been caught as well as most drivers in the company. if anything, they know what hours i have left and swap me with another truck.
    I drove fac and never had to go to nyc and was never told nyc was mandatory. where are you getting your information from?

4. losttrucker

losttrucker Road Train Member

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I live in North Carolina and started to go with the F.A.C Fleet it is a 100% forced dispatch just ask they will tell you that if you get a load to NYC on F.A.C you have to go the only exception is if you are OTR and pulling a F.A.C load you can turn it down.

5. losttrucker

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    Tame most of the trainers are good decent guys but like any company we have some realpieces of work also. I've been with Trans Am for 2 years and drove for Interior Distributors in NC but that doesn't count so I had to start somewhere. DaveinKC if you don't want an automatic then why come here? Even if you do get a super ten you wouldn't have it long enough to do anything and most of them are pieces of crap

6. the pope

Feb 13, 2007
    Orlando
    thats crazy, they never told any of us florida fac guys that, not like we lasted enough to be told anyways :biggrin_2559:

7. the outcast

the outcast Bobtail Member

Sep 2, 2007
    spring hill fla
    havent seen you since coke plant in fl lately been getting swaped a lot had to talk to my mgr nite despatch had been swaping my alot i have been running less miles than fl fleet # 32 a mile instead of 34 cents a mile on fl seems they are wanting everybody to be lease ops and do away with company drs thinking of a 6month lease on my 07 600 i know this truck no problems only 150000 mls otr beats 95 all the time be safe:biggrin_2552:

8. losttrucker

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    well if you are company the trucks are gettin turned to 62mph!:biggrin_2551:

9. losttrucker

Mar 9, 2008
    greenville,nc
    I asked around to make sure and from what I hear the NC fleet runs some what different routes so it just may be the guys that are out of NC:smt102

10. roadaholic

roadaholic Bobtail Member

Jun 18, 2007
    New Port Richey, Florida
    Just some comments to go along with the other banter... ...yes, they did turn the Co. trucks down to 62. My opinion; So what? I get a kick outa the guys that go like hell and then wait at a con or shipper.

I an '04 Century Super 10 that they picked out of the bone yard down in Denton. It was somewhat trashed, but I did the AmorAll treatment, and it has cleaned up fairly well. Moves frieght just like the new 660's. No problem. Oh, and it doesn't have Vorad. And speaking of Vorad, what a night mare out on the road!! I lived with that piece of crap for three weeks. That's enough for me.

My trainer was great. No kidding. The guy has been in the business for years, and taught me tricks that another company never thought of (that I tried to work for).

Orientation is very productive. The week of training after you get done with the trainer is even more prodctive because you learn to plan trips in DETAIL! So, no getting out on the road on the first day and wonder what in the hill billy hell you're gonna do with all the things you have to do and where to stop for the night, and onanonanon.

I stayed away from the fleece program. I'm in the game to make a few bucks, not spend them. They do make it sound like a winner, though.

Overall, I think TransAm is a great company. Any other topics of interest, you can E-me anytime, as I will have my laptop with me from hereonin.

11. Guitar Man

Guitar Man Medium Load Member

Sep 29, 2006
    State Of Confusion
    Ding Ding!! We Have a winner!! Tell Roady what he's won Johnny...:biggrin_2559:

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.