Transport Service (KAG) info

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by roadawg86, Jul 29, 2015.

1. roadawg86

roadawg86 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2015
    MS
    Information I received today from TM out of the Baton Rouge LA image.jpg image.jpg

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Why should you be paid less because the trailer is mt ?

4. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    Depending on you empty miles that may not be too big of an issue. But my last company, we ran out loaded and came back empty, so 300-1200 miles,that could be serious money you lose.

I think it's a crap way of paying as it drops your average cents per mile

5. roadawg86

roadawg86 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2015
    MS
    Training starting with Transport Service September 21st! Excited to pull/haul something different!!

crazeydude Thanks this.
  6. roadawg86

roadawg86 Bobtail Member

Mar 16, 2015
    MS
    Well I was able to get to orientation a week early. Started 9/14 instead of 9/21 which was a good deal with me. Being new to tanker a lot of terminology, procedures, setup is just foreign lol, but it's not bad! We have two very decent training instructor with a lot of great informative knowledge. We have been doing a lot of class work along with homework. Tests at the end of most days, all open book though.
    We will be going outside tomorrow to actually do hands on training with pumping off product & air unloading products (water). Some I've been waiting on!! TSC has started off good far as orientation wise & how the company operate.
    Keeping a positive attitude while being new to the tanker world!! Also I'll be working out of the plaquemine, la terminal which have won the best terminal award a numerous of time considering they have had the least loss frequcy due to accidents, spills, injures, etc..

7. Canned Spam

Canned Spam Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    If you made lengthy trips and dead headed back to your orgin, one would pretty much be getting dry van pay but with all hassle of pulling a tanker. Guess they just assume truck drivers are too stupid to figure it out. Probably comes out to like .40~.43 cpm, from guesstimating in my head

Toomanybikes Thanks this.
  8. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Except for the hourly and drop pay that adds up. Superior pays .40 empty and .50 loaded. I run nothing but out and back loads. They are all either drop and hook or customer load/unloads and its nice to get home every 2-3 days.

There is actually less hassle for me pulling a tanker than there would be with dry van. No tandems to slide or axle weights to worry about. No load securement issues other than checking for leaks. I do have to climb on top to check seals and possibly swab out a tank before loading occasionally but its no worse than opening and closing doors at every dock. Plus I get paid hourly while I do it.

I have known a few guys who worked for TSC and they were happy. They do seem a bit anal about some things from a micromanagement standpoint though. I remember seeing some forms at a terminal/tankwash once that drivers had to turn in. They required drivers to write the PSI of each tire on the rig on a form and turn it in with paperwork. Makes me wonder how often they refuse to pay hourly for breakdowns that "should have been caught" on pretrip.

roadawg86 and Canned Spam Thank this.
  9. Canned Spam

Mar 8, 2010
    STL
    I'm not trying to knock anyone for working, but these type of pay platforms hurt wages for the rest of us.

Toomanybikes and Cali kid Thank this.
  10. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    Not really if you look at the entire pay package. I only make .45 CPM for out and back miles but all the hourly and incidental pay puts me around 60K per year on 100K miles with over 110 full days off per year. Every time I divide my miles run by gross pay for the year it comes back around .57 CPM.

I still say the only way to accurately compare companies is to take the gross pay and divide it by actual days worked to come up with a per day average. Then decide how many days off that you want in a year. 60K working 250 days works out to $240 per day. Any work performed whether 1 hour or 14 counts as a day. A day off is no work at all.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  11. Canned Spam

Mar 8, 2010
    STL

Doesn't sound too bad when you put it like that

wsyrob Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.