Trouble with an untrashift and rear end question ..

Discussion in 'Freightliner Forum' started by grassy, Jul 7, 2015.

1. grassy

grassy Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    I have a fl60 with a 6 speed as/2 untrashift in it,...I *know* I am not an 18 wheeler but support is hard to find..

I am having probs with reverse..once I start using it, it freezes..makes it a bi*ch to back up. I have to disconnect battery to make it work again and it goes into the same cycle..best we can figure out is that it is over heating ??? Changed some wires... told to go into freightliner,..sounds expensive...any ideas or do I just bite the bullet ?

The max weight I am pulling is 12K and I have 4:11 rear ratio. I am running 2K in 6th at around 65 mph. Can I drop the rear end ratio to get a few more MPHs ? ..or will it kill the up hill pulling power ?

Thanks//

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    What engine and power rating now?
    You could definetely drop the rears down with lightweight loads like that. I'd say 3.55 or 3.73.
    If you need more power, there's plenty of companies that can uprate truck engine computers.
    And just get the truck into the shop to fix that trans, sounds like a royal pain.

4. grassy

grassy Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
    Sorry. I am running a 3126b - 300 hp / 800 torque.
    That will give me an extra 10 MPH ? But will it force me to run one gear lower in 55 mph ?

Thanks

5. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    With power you'll be fine. There are pickups pulling more than you at lower rpms.
    Check out PDQ diesel performance, they have ecm tuning for your cat

At 55 you should be able to ease up the road no problem at 1400-1500rpm.

6. grassy

grassy Bobtail Member

Jul 7, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.