Truck financing

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Kawinige01, Oct 19, 2016.

1. Kawinige01

Kawinige01 Heavy Load Member

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    how hard is it to get financing for a new truck? How would I go about financing a truck that would have to built instead of one sitting on the dealers lot. When I say built I mean a truck preferably a glider kit with a carterbilt t&c or precision headrack and a highrail

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    And I know rates are down and this is bad and that is bad. To each is own. I just want to know how or what I'll need when or if that day comes

4. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I really don't know if you can finance a custom build or not. Rush Peterbilt in Smyrna Tn and Orlando Fl spearheaded the build of my glider and headrack/trailer, but I paid for it as we went. But since they get people financed on trucks off their lot they may be able to help you. Travis Stacey with Rush in Orlando was my sales rep for the Cottrell part of my rig. Brandon Keys Rush Smyrna helped coordinate the glider with Fitzgeralds. You could call them and ask.

Terry270 and brian991219 Thank this.
  5. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    i was always interested in how that part works With the custom builds especially when you have to wait anywhere from a month to a year just to get your headrack built. Would you be paying payments on an incomplete unit or would they wait until the whole truck is built

6. sxdime

sxdime Medium Load Member

Nov 9, 2010
    Elkton MD
    I would call Mike Crouse at Greenville Peterbilt if you plan on going with that model and ask him.
    I would steer away from Carterbuilt as far as your rack goes though. Their work is getting kind of sloppy. As far as custom racks I would go T&C first then Robbies (Precision) second choice then Carterbuilt.

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  7. Kawinige01

May 30, 2016
    South Fla
    Speaking of sloppy.. It's welding splatter(popcorn) everywhere on this thing over spray on the paint. And I just had 3 different major areas welded since I've gotten the truck last May... I'm a huge fan of precision.. Me personally I think T & C might have the best finished product but precision is a close 2nd place

Ziggy319 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.