Trucker Facing Felony Charges for Protecting His Truck

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by EZX1100, Oct 25, 2013.

1. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I was parked at the Ocala FL Pilot, the one with the farm stand in front, a few weeks ago. It was probably six at night, still daylight, lots of other trucks around and people. guy comes up trying to sell wheel cleaning services, first thing he says is hey im not armed...lol. Sorta caught me by surprise.

My opinion for those who have nearby handgun protection in their truck, I would hope that you would use that as your very last resort as I'm sure most do.

I'm all for the gun rights. I grew up that way and it is part of our culture. Sometimes the new CCW culture alarms me some because it seems that some always make it a point to let you know that they have a CCW and have guns. In some of these cases it seems more like a "status" symbol than the exercise of the right. Sorta like running around announcing who you voted for in the last election to be cool or part of a club.

We recently had a case of road rage between two four wheelers here in michigan just north of grand rapids. LOL, they were both CCW holders and they shot each other dead after pulling into a parking lot. true story.

GeorgeDee Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

Those two were obviously people that should not of had a CCW, but since they took each other out, I guess, problem solved?

4. goblue

goblue Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2012
    Grand Prairie, Texas
    I'm not going to go as far to say that they should not have had a CCW but for sure something went way wrong here. If you pull out a piece...it's for real.

Heres a link to that story out of Ionia, Michigan..happened this past summer. Easy for the cops..no one to charge.

http://www.woodtv.com/news/local/ionia-county/ionia-steele-street-shooting-091813

5. GeorgeDee

GeorgeDee Light Load Member

Aug 26, 2013
    Winston Salem, NC

some1 was getting shot that day..better both of us than just me lol

6. KANSAS TRANSIT

KANSAS TRANSIT Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2011
    Glasco,Ks.

What I meant by that remark was a gun should be used as a LAST resort only, you could argue that they were each "defending" themselves from the other, but the truth is, either one of them could of simply drove on, they were both out to "prove" who had the bigger ####(gun).

I am ALL for gun owners rights, I just think that with some of these guys, something gets lost in the translation.

JMHO

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    goblue, Roadmedic and GeorgeDee Thank this.
  7. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    I'd just let them slash it...

8. tucker

tucker Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2008
    IN
    That is so fake, if I take the valve core out of a fully inflated tire I don't blow over

9. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    The size of the opening makes all the difference, which is why you can't seat a bead through the valve of a large tire. That, and you're gradually opening the valve...
    [​IMG]
    Look at this chart and consider that 100 psi is 14400 psf, yeah it's off the chart.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.