Trucker falls asleep and runs over 6 bikers

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by joseph1135, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Prom Night Dumpster Baby

Prom Night Dumpster Baby Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2012
    Bug Tussle, TN
    A little late to break out the 'no speaka' card.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    Biker broke down,what was he supposed to do carry it?

4. jerezxp7

jerezxp7 Medium Load Member

Apr 4, 2007
    oregon
    The way to avoid this is don't drive while your falling asleep it takes no time to find a spot and get 30 minutes just telling yourself your looking for a spot wakes you up alittle until you find it there really isn't an excuse for falling asleep behind the wheel.

5. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    These were professional cyclists and road cross country. They are given a lane of traffic by law same as any car. However they were going beyond that measure after I reconstructed it they were riding on the bit of road in between the white line and grass with a precautionary measures. The lady went off the road and 75% of her SUV was off of the road at the time of the collision.

double yellow Thanks this.
  6. camionneur

camionneur Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2013
    I was responding to a subtopic of cycling there, but now that it's out of context, they talk about riding defensively, then get run over on the side of the road. Maybe they should start calling the police for cover since it happens to be that much of an emergency, potentially.

TROOPER to TRUCKER and Y2K Thank this.
  7. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Someone had to take them out...

8. camionneur

Oct 18, 2013
    Seriously though, there's a police car right there and it couldn't stop this. I'm sure in the big money tours they close the whole road (so drugged cyclists can ride their own race).

9. hunted

hunted Medium Load Member

Thats so sad.......but my question is if your riding a bike and you need to take a break why are you on the interstate taking a break. Get off the highway. There are plenty of gas stations and places to stop. When I have a tire go down on the highway Im nervous about getting out its a dangerous place to be. Its a terrible deal my heart goes out to those people.

Grouch Thanks this.
  10. Y2K

Y2K Road Train Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Yacolt,WA
    It's said that one of the bikes was broken down and they were working on it. Bad situation to be in but not much they could do about it.

11. Wicked Good

Wicked Good Bobtail Member

Mar 24, 2013
    Would like to hear the biker's version of events and see photos of the 'trucker' in question. I have the nagging fear the 'trucker' ran over these guys on purpose. Even if he did and the cops knew it the crime could never be reported that way because it wouldn't be part of the 'official narrative' being shoveled to us otherwise.

I came across a hispanic driver in Texas not too many weeks back driving for an Alabama based company and had his family with him in the truck. I spoke to him but he looked at me and never responded - thinking he didn't speak english either.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.