Trucker paths 100 best stops. Yeah right.

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by Upright, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    x1Heavy Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im betting that valero is just north of Houston on I45. You have to come off US 59 I think it is before highball south a hundred miles to get into that city real quick.

A dallop of diesel and coffee early in the morning makes the drunken Captain tolerable.

Upright Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I remember Lisa's in NM.

But my top ten list is not this company's top ten list.

Should put money where mouth is.

I70 76. Frederick Maryland Now a Costco. Closed approximately 1993. This was my home stop.

Space Port, Ohio near the PA Line. Still operating.

Dixie Trucker Home. McLean Illinois. Still Operating.

76/TA Complex Breezewood PA. Might as well include the entire historical district. (Do not. At any price take 30 east out of Breeze wood. Do not be that stupid. I don't care if you are God himself. It has nothing to do wtih you and your experience and skills personally.)

Fort Wayne 76 Indiana. Sayings on the ceiling joists along with excellent food and a youthful strong staff helps motivate a tired driver a time or two.

Wolcott Iowa. The biggest in the world outside of one time Military Fueling and Supply points established in time of war.

I 10/I 40 west of Phoenix Arizona has a handful of stops that are truly outstanding. Too many to count.

Detroiter, I75 MI. I wrestled with this one a while before deciding for it's purposes it's a outstanding stop. Goal is mission Canada. You can get real time information here before you commit to the Ambassador Bridge. I will type better if my hands will just stop exhibiting muscle losses due to medicines over periods of years.

76 Gateway Illinois. Near St Louis Exit 4. It demonstrates a good morale and attitude despite being buried in non trucking people on race days.

Other truck stops that almost and should have made the list.

Salinas KS.

Cabbage Flying J Oregon westbound upgrade foothills.

Flying J Dyess Texas. Good female company and Bomber Planes that fly like fighter jockeys. No pussyfied noise or emissions rules here baby. All American can of whoop ###.

Crosskeys, PA. It's off 15 it's a costco store now.

Triple TTT north of Nogales.

Worlds Largest McDonalds, Rest area I44 Tulsa.

Tulsa East Texaco Truckstop. Large violent tornado killed 15 drivers in their berths in or about 1983 while lifting the entire 2 story concrete building and twisting it slightly as you would wring out a rag before setting the whole structure back down a few inches off center all the way around.

Summit south of Williamsport PA, I don't know if they are still operating. I hope so. Probably 4th or 5th generation by now.

76 North Bradford CT. Don't think on parking side road. You park in lot or get towed. I was actually given a substantual break by the police force there when 20 of them decided to beat on my sleeper cab with night sticks and very large vehicle mounted lights. Woke my dead zombie ### up. Logs showed a ####load of hours beyond reason with a heavy stack of miles and onduty time all that week. I was unable to function that encounter and screamed at the bears to #### off and let me sleep. They laughed, put a man on the wheel and parked it for me inside the lot of that truckstop, left a note Dear Mr Driver on the steering wheel.

One of these days Ima fix them all a steak dinner in that place. Probably cost me a few hundred dollars but I plan on that.

That was one of the last of my half breed outlawed rat running about with 5 logbooks and one that could be shown to DOT on demand. They found the other 4 that morning. But since they were signed and nothing was signed with me and myself in bad shape medically they let it go.

5. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    Whats wrong with US30 east? There's just that big ol mountain, no big deal :cool:

‘Olhand Thanks this.
  6. x1Heavy

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There is a 11%er and a 9%er in that area. Source link.

My personal max record is three miles of 18% to brief spurts of 24% and one unmarked grade into Stephens City Tennessee. THAT one Im still working a topographical map to break down to percentage of grade. Ive started to recheck my figures because it's approaching 30% which I think is flat ridiculous and a fantasy bordering on insanity.

http://www.truckingtruth.com/truckers-forum/Topic-6190/Page-1/11-grade-made-me-pucker

Old Fancy Gap comes to mind, as does Paris Virgina I think that one was 340. But not sure west of I-81 to a Mack plant that make hoods and such to support a factory down in Charlotte NC assembly. Old Fancy Gap is rated at 9 ton flat. Meaning Bobtail or other lighter parts of the vehicles, no loads.

Saluda is a railroad grade approaching 4%, steepest east of the rockies for Railroad main line. So steep that sections of that mountain railroad, known as the Clinchfield and also as teh Southern (Two seperate railroads) have approximately 4000 souls buried as part of the roadbed itself to help finish the railroad with the anonymous bodies.

There is a couple single lane and unmarked two lane coal roads that is near Scranton PA in the hard coal region. Anthracite. Some of those roads I still shake a little bit and feel the twinge of a touch of terror now and then just thinking about it. I don't know the percentages, but I do know what it takes for a 5th wheel to creak the way it did.

7. Upright

Upright Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2012
    California's Best City
    The article has a link to the list right below the top 10. Not sure if you saw it. I did not see jubitz on it or maybe I missed it

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  8. freightwipper

freightwipper Road Train Member

Mar 24, 2014
    OTR
    2. Tullo Truck Stop, Kearny, N.J.

5 star resort right there :rolleyes:

9. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    That would have been Scania, Iraq.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  10. j76ny

j76ny Light Load Member

Nov 1, 2013
    Canandaigua,NY
    My dispatcher even said "Don't stay there unless you feel like getting knifed" lol

LindaPV Thanks this.
  11. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    Can't believe pilot and loves both made it in the top 10 list... Lol.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.