Trucker Stabbed To Death At Sumner, WA. Truck Stop

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by jande016, Mar 9, 2016.

1. JC1971

JC1971 Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2013
    L.A.
    Maybe he got stabbed for doing a crappy parking job?

DTP Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    apparently an equalizer wasn't around inside the cab, wasnt in reach or forgotton.

to think two driver's were arguing over parking is ridiculous, I hope the investigation produces some resluts.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
  4. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    I hate to say that is probably not totally out of the realm of possibility.

DTP Thanks this.
  5. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    rachi, G13Tomcat and Gulf Thank this.
  6. old scummy

old scummy Light Load Member

Mar 18, 2013
    Texas
    LOL I'm not saying I'd do it but I won't tell you I wouldn't like to.

DTP Thanks this.
  7. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    And what does two Holland Trucks there have to do with this?
    I see other trucks there as well.

8. Gulf

Gulf Medium Load Member

Jul 12, 2013
    Thought maybe they could provide some infortmation if they remembered anything, if they happen to read this. I'm sure they were questioned but sometimes you remember things later. Just a reminder. I couldn't make out much of the writing on the other trucks and I also am a Holland driver.

G13Tomcat and rachi Thank this.
  9. 4wayflashers

4wayflashers Heavy Load Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Believe it or not I never really thought about how pulling in nose first would make you an easier target for criminals. Thanks

PackRatTDI and G13Tomcat Thank this.
  10. Brandonpdx

Brandonpdx Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2007
    Elkhart, IN
    I was gonna say. That's one awful parking job.

11. India303

India303 Bobtail Member

Mar 18, 2016
    Arizona
    Former LEO here. Thanks Gulf for the areal pics from KOMO news. They give perspective the article doesn't. Remember, anything read in the news will be inaccurate so keep that in mind. I'm new to trucking and NOT new to LE.

1st thing to remember is that nearly all homicides are committed by persons who knew each other. For how long prior to the attack? Who knows? 5 years, 5 days, 5 hours, or 5 minutes? Can't speculate there.

I will form my speculation here:
    Noticed he was one of the few who went nose in his parking spot. If I wanted to do something nefarious I'd want to be and do it out of sight of others. This would be exactly how I'd do it at a truck stop. - OR this is why he was targeted. None the less, out of view.
    Another, in order to stab someone you'd have to be better than arms reach away. In other words this trucker allowed his attacker to get within his personal space. Like someone stated, no blood trail. Add to the fact that dragging dead weight, specially an overweight trucker (if he was) aint no easy task. Next to impossible trying to get him IN TO a truck w/o 1st smearing bodily fluids all over the place.

Without further details I'm speculating a purposeful meet went bad. I'm not going to speculate beyond that.

Doubtful it was road rage. They would happen right there and then. It would be rare for someone to wait until the truck parked and was lucky enough that he nosed in between others out of view to exact revenge.

Looks like the police have evidence the killer went in to the blackberry bushes to avoid detection. If they can't pull sufficient DNA evidence from this scene I would be shocked.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    G13Tomcat and mjd4277 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.