Truckers strike....

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by Hitman, Feb 28, 2015.

1. HeWhoMustNotBeNamed

HeWhoMustNotBeNamed Crusty Pogosticker!!

Jan 25, 2012
    Cartoon Network
    • 19 Hours Ago

Rocks
      [​IMG]
      Road Train Member[​IMG]Member SinceJan 2008LocationSomewhereTrucker?7 YearsPosts5,496Thanks5,643Thanked: 4,475 Times

Despite of use of police force, tear gas against demonstrators...

[​IMG]

and threats of a fee of R$ 10,000.00 per day to those blocking the highways...

[​IMG]

truck drivers are not giving up and this movement is gaining support from the public from southern towns, some farm producers and others from the transportation industry.

[​IMG]

Seems this movement is growing nationwide:yes2557:

Thanks

• 18 Hours Ago

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdogpile

bigdogpile Road Train Member

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Well yea, we Yankees got know whats up with Bruce or whats not gonna be up anymore, I want to be the first to get hand on her frankenstein who-ha..😈😈😈

4. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    [QUOTE="semi" retired;4483549]It's been done. http://www.cb39.org/trucking-history/truck-driver-strikes-1979.html[/QUOTE]

I remember those days when you could only gas up the car on odd or even days & the long lines at the pumps...Didn't they tell us the world was gonna run out of crude oil if we didn't conserve ?.. Seems like there is more crude than we could possibly ever use, as the center of the earth continues to push it to the surface..

5. 201

201 Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    high plains colorado
    Hi bigdogpile:biggrin_2559: I remember running during that time. They were more concerned with OTR trucks and left us local guys alone. We had a fuel pump at our yard, but I remember seeing trucks blocking the fuel pumps at truck stops, and guys would put cardboard signs on their bumpers saying "Going home". It was a tense time for a young trucker like me. I think the "odd-even" thing was during the oil crisis of '73-74.

FLATBED and bigdogpile Thank this.
  6. bigdogpile

May 16, 2010
    fontana ca
    Those days were before I was driving but I was kid fueling my VW bug for 75 cents a gallon, and high school teacher said "watch, as soon as gas hits a dollar a gallon there will be no more lines and there will be so much gas, they just wanted to jack up the prices

7. FLATBED

FLATBED Road Train Member

Same as when the $ on a barrel of oil goes up it hits the $ at the pump ASAP , but when the $ on a barrel of oil drops it takes time for the $ at the pump to drop as that oil needs to go through the system.

8. unknown_substance

unknown_substance Light Load Member

Sep 22, 2014
    If something like that happens here you can bet we'll be taking a lot of loads from our competition's key customers.......huge profit margins for the right people.

G.Anthony Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Just park the fuel tankers...no fuel no one goes anywhere...

10. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

I bought Mike Parkhurst's DVD about the strike. I wanted to learn a bit more about that time. He comes across as a little self promoting but I guess he was at the eye of the storm.

And I have no idea of what it was like before deregulation. There are rules that are gone now that I don't even understand.

But I have to say I think drivers are better positioned today to strike then we've EVER been. It's just a numbers thing, growth of freight outpacing available drivers, tightening fitness standards eliminating experienced drivers, the aging of the fleet, etc.

Sorry McDonalds employees but if you think you're entitled to strike and double your wages, you 1.) don't need a special licence to do your job, 2.) don't have to do your job sober, 3.) don't need to stay at your job 2-3 weeks consecutively, 4.) need to pass an annual physical.

I think the "big thinkers" realize they're exposed to tremendous risk right now, which is why they are pursuing crazy blue sky projects like robo-trucks, drone delivery and visa (foreign) drivers.

They're hoping they can get some of this moonshot tech up to speed before drivers realize they've got the better positioning right now.

I could totally see a massive nationwide strike in the next 5 years. And I could see it being bigger than the 70's strike by far. Which is kinda scary too because I could see the repercussions AGAINST drivers being a lot nastier.

201 Thanks this.
  11. G.Anthony

G.Anthony Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    Well I'm off July 4th,, so I'll shut down and go on strike for the weekend, how's that?

And I'm NOT going back to work until the 6th..!!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.