Trucking Companies

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Ghost_83, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Ghost_83

Ghost_83 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Why do drivers speak so negative about all the trucking companies?

Are there any good companies to work in modern times?

How to make trucking companies benefit me the driver?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dryver

Dryver Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sioux Falls, SD
    You will see that the negative comments are always about the same companies. You need to look past the mega fleets for the companies that understand the value of happy drivers and appreciate the job done by them. There are thousands of trucking companies in the USA, many are small fleets, mom & pops, Owner ops. The CRE's and Werners and Swifts will always be on the bad board. The other way to look at it is that they attract the new drivers who really have no idea what this career is about. They do not read what they are signing, they do not understand the lifestyle change that comes with holding that steering wheel and all too often think they are going to bank $75K a year from day one. Classes of 40+ people are down to 5 - 10 in a few weeks and when you see those remaining out on the road or in parking situations it makes you wonder 'was this the best of the bunch?' This business really asks for no minimum qualifications to get started so the quality of trainee is usually suspect to start with. But, the starter companies rely on this ignorance and rely on the cheap labor to move freight until the next group of recruits fill the seats. As with any internet forum you will always hear from the unhappy souls that screwed up and want to blame the world and not themselves. The happy drivers are driving, not typing.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2016
  4. Lonesome

Lonesome Mr. Sarcasm

Dec 15, 2007
    Northern Indiana
    Not every person is a fit for every job. A job that one guy hates, and complains loudly about, is a perfect fit for someone else. Even CRE, Werner, Swift, etc, have some long time employees.
    Most any job is what YOU make of it. Go in with a bad attitude, a chip on your shoulder, an I know it all attitude, and you probably won't last anywhere.

finbyrd, pattyj, SHOJim and 1 other person Thank this.
  5. Ruckie

Ruckie Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2011
    Bloom field,nj
    My personal experience is that this job is not for everyone, just like companies most of the time is the dispatcher fault.... Good dispatcher happy driver is a 2 way street and some people don't understand that, I had drivers that hate the same dispatcher I get along and make jokes with but I did my job and used my 70 wisely.

kiwi23 Thanks this.
  6. Ghost_83

Ghost_83 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yea I been noticing how some drivers are negative. I believed that it depends on what fits a driver

7. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Some truckers will be negative about any and everything. You can give a driver 3500 miles a week, drop and hook, light loads, 75 mph governed truck of their choice, and home every weekend, and will still find something to be negative about

Ghost_83, hunted, CHHALL3 and 2 others Thank this.
  8. nicknack

nicknack Light Load Member

Aug 3, 2013
    You have to do your homework when trying to find the right fit, most newbs get sucked in by that sign on bonus not realizing there's strings attached

9. Ghost_83

Ghost_83 Bobtail Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I just want to got with a company that allow me to pay priorities and save money

10. superflow

superflow Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2014
    It's about what you make out of it
    ... A driver cannot just jump into any driving job without doing some research on the company (, no it was not always like this)

11. ttyson

ttyson Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2015
    yea l'll complain.... l find 3500 miles too much,l'm good with 2500..

WildTiger1990 and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.