Trucking company Schneider National pursues IPO

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by drvrtech77, Sep 17, 2016.

1. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I would guess the "stake holders" from the early 90's are looking at their estate plans. From my limited understanding of corporate regulations the way SNI is setup precludes dividing ownership to multiple heirs. There are limits to the number of shareholders in private corporations, and limits to who and under what circumstances those shareholders are allowed to sell. If you were part of SNI's growth thru the 80's and early 90's then you are approaching retirement and death age. Thus you need to be looking out for your own interests and the interests of your heirs. Going public allows them to cash out. I would guess that there is more than a few of the stake holders in this camp.

Add to it Lofgren's greed, the children's absence from any significant day to day role, the lack of any transportation company going public, and the massive amount of cash reserves of investment houses (see the article @mickeyrat posted a few weeks ago) and there you have it. I think they're wrong to do it, but my opinion is from the cheap seats.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Speculation (see rumor) is that it will allow the family to ensure 51% controlling stock, grow the company, and in 5 to 10 years after the company gets much larger go back private, putting mucho denero in the family coffers.

Just water cooler talk.

drvrtech77 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  4. gentleroger

gentleroger Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2010
    But going public is like riding a tiger. When you got on you had a plan on how to get off. When you're ready to dismount, the tiger ends up having other plans.

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  5. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    I don't see it as the "family" wanting the trucking side to grow, I see it as a way to dump the trucking side and keep the logistics side.

It will be interesting to see what parts of SNI are offered in the IPO.

Just the trucking or the whole enchilada.

Now I'm hungry....

91B20H8 Thanks this.
  6. milehunter43

milehunter43 Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2015
    Ohio
    If they actually pull that off I'll be impressed. Yes SNI, this load is totally paying $1.05 a mile, thanks have a nice day!

TennMan Thanks this.
  7. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    Anyone heard any other info on this topic?

I've got a little info but can't share it yet, not juicy just bland.

If only trucking companies weren't so honest!!!#

8. TennMan

Sep 21, 2011
    #emploeeowned!!!

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    It's pretty much SOP for employees to be offered the opportunity to participate in the IPO and purchase shares at the initial offer price ... ICs, on the other hand, if they are allowed to participate at all, will be as "friends of the company".

TennMan Thanks this.
  10. jakecat22

jakecat22 Road Train Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Last information I heard was the paperwork to go public has been filed with the government but not yet approved.

Also, some employees who in the past were not part of the company profit sharing program are now as of jan 1.

TennMan Thanks this.
  11. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I also read that they're not going full IPO just a partial... Not whatever the heck that means is anybody's guess and I'm sure it's one of those remains to see what happens

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.