Trucks are selling cheap now

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by Jcurran90, Aug 14, 2016.

1. Jcurran90

Jcurran90 Light Load Member

Apr 29, 2016
    trucks are starting to go down in price looks like a buyers market right now seeing a lot of 07 Peterbilt going for around 90,000 and lower and that's asking am sure you can get them down if they really want to sell ... I don't know why the Wester Star are asking for so much money am seeing 06-07 people asking 115,00-130,00 are they crazy who's going to pay that for a western Star they must be posting saying F it if someone will give me that then I'll sell it if not I'll just keep it lol

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Are you referring to Canadian currency ?

4. kw550cat

kw550cat Medium Load Member

May 22, 2012
    brooklyn, new york
    Stingers i guess

5. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    I know this last quarter was the lowest number of Class 8 trucks sold in a very long time. It's been declining for awhile and keeps going down. The sign of a good economy is lots of freight being moved by truck and train. When trucks aren't being replaced, it means the freight isn't as good, which means the economy stinks. Anyone who believes we are okay believes a fairy tale.

KANSAS TRANSIT Thanks this.
  6. Superhauler

Superhauler TEACHER OF MEN

Jan 30, 2010
    keep stroking.
    in my neck of the woods. that aint cheap!

cnsper, Dave_in_AZ and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  7. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    Hmm,...I deliver new units for a living and I'm busy as hell right now. Granted the Freightliner plant in Mexico is slow, but I figure they're re-tooling. I've been running non-stop for ten weeks now, and dispatch has not once asked me if I want to go home or need time off. Usually they will hint at it if there's nothing going on for a few days.

Also, they tell me they are hiring again, so there must be new orders on the horizon somewhere.

I deliver a mixture of Class 8's and straights, so maybe I'm just not noticing a slowdown, but still...

8. No Clutch

No Clutch Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2016
    MERIDIAN, MS
    Any trucks post emissions sucks....all that re-gen crap, fricking EGR, DEF BLAH BLAH BLAH! New trucks sucks!

9. jackhartjr

jackhartjr Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2011
    Hickory, NC
    Hamburger71, my understanding is that they layed off a ton of people in NC as well as Mexico a couple of months back. I've got a friend that retired in NC that used to deliver FreightShakers to. He kind of keeps his hand on the pulse!
    Don't get me wrong, they are still getting orders, however, as I pointed out, the mega bottom feeders are turning trucks in!

10. glenn71

glenn71 Medium Load Member

Jul 13, 2013
    i was gonna say...I just saw a long-nose Pete for 23,500 a week or so ago. Same age group too. Those prices must be in Loonies.

11. Hamburger71

Hamburger71 Medium Load Member

Jun 18, 2014
    North Carolina
    I was just going off of what the official reports and numbers say.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.