Turning in truck when resigning

Discussion in 'Millis' started by freebirdusa, Jul 21, 2015.

1. freebirdusa

freebirdusa Light Load Member

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Does Millis ask you to return the electric cooler they give regional drivers to use? Or do they say keep it and deduct it from your last paycheck. Do they do a walk through on the truck upon turning it in ?
    I was given 2 load locks and 2 straps at the time of hire when they assigned me my truck. Do they deduct a missing strap from your final check ? I'm moving on to another company due to not enough miles. Cant make any money doing the Dalton shuttle to shaw plants for 24 hours. Running to 4 or 5 Dalton, ringold, and maybe one short mileage trip to the Athens drop yard eats too much of my 14 hour clock. I know its only fair that all drivers eventually have to run around these plants. But I seem to get routed on them more than I can afford. I road around Dalton hunting an empty last Thursday for 3 hours. Then I had to hit the pilot at exit 328 to go into sleeper berth for 10 hours. I didn't get dispatched to where an empty trailer was until 9;30 Friday morning. Then was told to go down to s.fulton parkway and drop the empty and pick up a load to be delivered Monday morning at 6;30. I got a grand total of 110 miles Friday. I know Im rambling. Its a shame they don't spread out the longer runs with all drivers consistently. The longest run that I have been on in the past six months was from asheboro NC to Saint Louis MO. I appreciated the miles but I only ran that twice in six months. Millis is a great place to work if you are maybe young and still living at home with no bills to pay. Great company to get experience for a new driver. Im going to miss some drivers and staff but I'll meet new people at my next job. But I would really like to know about the cooler and strap if anyone might know. Thanks

Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. KB3MMX

KB3MMX Road Train Member

Dec 29, 2014
    Orrstown, PA
    Even if they deducted, does it really matter?
    Sounds like you're more than ready to move on , so I wouldn't sweat it too much.

Canned Spam Thanks this.
  4. freebirdusa

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    I just wont need it at my new job. But if they are just going to throw it away because its used or not charge me for it if I keep it. I will just keep it. Be great for traveling with my family on vacations etc. Moving on has nothing do whether or not its part of resigning and returning a truck. I already said that I'm moving on. That's all taken care of with Black River Falls. I just didn't ask about the cooler issue. May not be an issue. Depends on what it costs. If its 50 bucks, no problem. But I don't want to pay 150.00 for something that will sit in the garage most of the year. I cleaned the truck spotless today. I believe in returning it the way it looked when it was issued to me. If anyone has dealt with turning in a truck with them, I would welcome any advice on the procedure once I hand the keys over.

5. Solo_Seat

Solo_Seat Medium Load Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    If you didn't bring it with you, it doesn't belong to you. Turn it all back in. They will probably charge you for the missing strap...but that was the agreement you signed, to turn 2 back in. I suggest buying one and turning it in that way there is no confusion about what you turned in or not.

dragginmaster and tlalokay Thank this.
  6. freebirdusa

Oct 21, 2014
    Thomaston ga
    Good advice. That way I'm totally done with them and can focus on my new job.

Solo_Seat Thanks this.
  7. Old MP

Old MP Light Load Member

May 31, 2011
    Cassville, GA
    Why don't you try getting out of Regional and go OTR with Millis and see if the miles are better? If you leave a job because your not getting exactly what you want you will never stay at one place long enough to earn the perks of sticking it out and becoming one of the desired drivers. You can never bring your reputation from your last company to a new company. You move, you start over again.

Have you discussed your need for more miles with your driver manager/dispatch? I've been in the work force for a long time and regardless the career field the issue is usually communications. No one communicates therefore no one knows the problem.

JOHNQPUBLIC and Rick Brown Thank this.
  8. Solo_Seat

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Millis dispatchers have their favorites...if you aren't one of them, it doesn't matter. That's the way it has always been and always be...

9. walstib

walstib Darkstar

Then It's your job to become a favorite as those now favored did! Is this complicated??

10. Solo_Seat

Apr 8, 2013
    Jacksonville, FL
    Yeah...because it doesn't work like that there...they decide right off the bat...if you aren't a favorite starting out, you never will be...and you will have to go elsewhere to make a living

11. joseph1135

joseph1135 Papa Murphy

Nov 8, 2009
    The Highway To Hell.
    Dude, I'm a "favorite" at my company, only because I put my time in and showed that I'm more than capable and willing to do the work that's assigned and more. Nobody becomes "a favorite" just by showing up. You gotta earn your spot and make your own deal.

MM3Deg, brsims and 77smartin Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.