Tyson Foods, Inc. - Springdale, Ar.?

Discussion in 'Tyson' started by scanner-man, Nov 22, 2006.

1. Fowl Hauler 72

Fowl Hauler 72 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Winchester,Tennessee
    They have 3 plants in DFW,1 in Sheman,TX and 1 in Center,tx.,and 1 in Carthage,TX,so dallas is a good area and we have o ton of freight that delivers down there.Let me know if you need more info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rumblestrip

Rumblestrip Light Load Member

May 20, 2010
    Rogers, Arkansas
    Just graduated at Central Tech in Oklahoma today. Tyson recruiter has faxed me an application and told me to call back on Tuesday. Waiting on a trainer so they will know when to have me come to orientation she said. I am really looking forward to working for this company. Everything I have heard about it sounds like a perfect fit for me.

4. Rumblestrip

May 20, 2010
    Rogers, Arkansas
    Well the recruiter put me on hold. They do not have enough trainers to go around. Looks as if I will be looking elsewhere.

5. Rumblestrip

May 20, 2010
    Rogers, Arkansas
    Great News!! Got a call yesterday and was told to fax my application. Called back this morning and I am to be in orientation on Monday morning....10-25-10....a friend of mine from Central Tech has been accepted also. Any drivers out there have any info on Tyson orientation????

6. WorldofTransportation

WorldofTransportation Heavy Load Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Your mother
    and 1 in North Richland Hills Texas. 1 in Vernon Texas. with a few other smallish plants in NE Texas

7. Fowl Hauler 72

Fowl Hauler 72 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2010
    Winchester,Tennessee
    What do you want to know?

8. Rumblestrip

May 20, 2010
    Rogers, Arkansas
    Wow what a week of ups and downs.....Started orientation on Monday, got sent home on Wednesday because I have sleep apnea and my cpap usage was only 59 %. Got home today (Thursday) and got a call from my recruiter. She said since I had a chronic sinus infection and hadn't been able to use the cpap the Dr. approved my physical and they want me to come back next Wednesday and take up where I left off!! So....I am headed back to orientation next Wednesday to finish up and start my new career!! Looking so forward to it. By the way, the equipment they have is top notch!! I road tested in a Volvo that they were getting rid of and it was sweet. Rode like a dream. The only downside so far (besides getting sent home) is I live in southern Oklahoma and have to park my truck in Sherman Tx. About 90 miles from home...so when I get in will still have another couple hours to home. Oh, and being with a trainer for 8 weeks probably won't be too fun.

9. maddtrucker69

maddtrucker69 Bobtail Member

May 5, 2011
    spiro,ok.
    I have been with tyson for 5 months .I get 2400 to 3000 miles a week .I have been on e-logs first day .I like them becouse everyday there is a time your done for at least 10 hours .that's awsome first company I ever worked for that no matter what your day had a ending .most company's try and run you out .well I can tell you tyson won't do that . And they get you home when your ready to be home no excusses.. and you won't have to sit for a 34 hour reset either they give loads for the hours you have . Check there web site its pretty cool .

10. gfpm71

gfpm71 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Lenexa, KS
    :biggrin_25514:
    I have been with Tyson now for 8 months. Its hard to find negativity here which should give you some good vibes. I know the jobs that are out there working in the past for Trans Am (Lease Purchase is the worst mistake with these people! scum of the earth!!), Southern Refrigerated, Knight Transportation, Crete Carrier(good company), Swift, and LCT ( Gainey Corp). The only one that comes close to Tyson is Crete but its still 2nd best. With Crete I did not like the cutback in speed from 65 to 62 with a bunch of new Pro Stars that could not haul beer with out getting overweight on your axels( one of Cretes biggest accounts is Budwieser). Thats another story.

Tyson gives me 2000 to 2500 on average for miles. I get one week a month 2500 to 3200 miles usually. Thats due to an extra day of run in one week of pay (8 days on one check). When we went to elogs I thought it was the end but i am making 500+ net every week not including my stock options and 401k which takes 15% of my check nor my medical and dental. So all in all I only found one better that advertized in Baltimore but they finally dropped some numbers and said its 1050 low 1350 high per week gross pay. well you gross pay is 1050 to 1350 at Tyson weekly.

You have good and bad dispatchers. I have got good ones on the 102 board. I am very happy with Tyson and so far the honeymoon is still going. What I mean by that is most companies when hired give everyone cream of the crop loads for 2 to 6 weeks then its my experience this stops. so far i am still getting 1000+ loads and short hauls are usually 350+ average. the crappy runs happen but compaired to the most of my forementioned companies its a good deal here... Big Mack!

11. gfpm71

gfpm71 Bobtail Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Lenexa, KS
    I have someone asking about Crete. I was with them for 2 years. Like I said I only left because they cut down there trucks from 65 to 62 mph and the Pro Stars they bought had problems with weight from beer loads w/full tanks. real bothersome. i hear now they are increasing pay so maybe it evens out. otherwise what i said before is about all I can say. They are a good outfit...good luck!!!

Big Mack

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.