Unlimited Mobile WiFi for the road?

Discussion in 'Cellular - Voice - Data' started by GarretMc23, Apr 19, 2016.

1. GarretMc23

GarretMc23 Light Load Member

Mar 26, 2016
    Medicine Lodge KS
    I am wanting to see if there are any plans out there that offer a legitimate unlimited, unthrottled, high speed wifi connection to take on the road with me. I am willing to buy a standalone hot spot similar to a Verizon MiFi unit because I really dont want another cell phone. I enjoy watching my netflix and playing the occasional ps4 games online but I dont know how realistic that is in a truck. Thanks

Dominick253 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MidWest_MacDaddy

MidWest_MacDaddy Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    South Carolina
    That unicorn might be hard to find.

T-Mobile has an unlimited plan but that was back a few months at this point.

Smaller footprint than others and they do something when streaming video but that's probably ok on a smaller screen.

rabbiporkchop Thanks this.
  4. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    When I was on the road I used t-mobile hot spot, great for internet etc but if you want to watch a lot of netflix etc you will eat up your data but still use it for the internet

5. slim6596

slim6596 Medium Load Member

Dec 1, 2015
    BingeOn, unlimited video streaming from Netflix and Hulu plus is included on T-Mobile tablet internet plans. $20 per month. Thinking about doing it myself.

6. jezter5677

jezter5677 Light Load Member

Jun 11, 2009
    T-Mobiles coverage is horrendous, search eBay for unlimited 4g lte, I've got a Verizon unlimited 4g lte from eBay for 150 per month.

csmith1281 and rabbiporkchop Thank this.
  7. GarretMc23

Mar 26, 2016
    Medicine Lodge KS
    Well i already have verizon phone plan, i can up my data to 18gb a month for only 30 dollars more and then buy a jetpack for hotspot. Ive been told i can game all month long on that and be fine as long as i dont have to download alot.

8. Jazzy J

Jazzy J Medium Load Member

Nov 2, 2015
    georgia
    Verizon has best data coverage and most expensive.
    Pilot/fly j wifi $20 a month and ta/petro $20 a month.
    My verizon contract ends in june. Switching to sprint or boost. They offer unlimited data.

9. GarretMc23

Mar 26, 2016
    Medicine Lodge KS
    I always tell myself that I will switch because verizon is so high but my hometown, verizon is the only place that gets cell service worth a ####

10. Night Prowler

Night Prowler Medium Load Member

Aug 9, 2013
    Temple, Texas
    I have Boost, bad coverage northern part of U.S. most of I 80. But when it works it does pretty well. I watch you tube a lot. getting ready to try Netflix on the road. I've only been throttled once, that's after using the gps ( maps ) a lot. I will get an AT and T hot spot when I start making better money. Also no signal in some parts of N. and S. komifornia. Around cities its fine Mostly.

Jazzy J Thanks this.
  11. kelgar50

kelgar50 Medium Load Member

Feb 1, 2007
    Bakersfield,CA
    Been there done that. Sprint does have unlimited,but what they don't tell you is it is only while in there network.
    Once you get out of there network even if you have 4g or 3g showing on your phone you only get 2GB of data.
    What happens next is once you hit that they will turn off your data until you are back in there area. So for the rest of the billing cycle everytime you leave there area you will have no data.
    They do the same on phone calls also.
    Once you hit a certain limit out of there area every phone call I would get would go straight to voicemail. Then it would alert me so I would have to call people back.
    Once back in there area phone service was back to normal.
    When I left Verizon and went to sprint they did have true unlimited and it worked great for the first 2 years.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.