US Xpress Driver Hits Building.. Tears Up Trailer .. on His 1st Day Out

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by PacerTrucka, Jun 14, 2015.

1. Criminey Jade

Criminey Jade Road Train Member

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    How come he's new and he gets a Peterbilt?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Criminey Jade

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    This worries me for this next Winter. Everyone gets to dodge CR Chuckletruck without even a trainer watching? I don't look forward to I-80 in a few months.

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/regulations/notices/2015-14276

4. Amw86

Amw86 Bobtail Member

Jul 11, 2012
    no reason to not make that turn, on top of that looks like he could have just went straight too...not sure where from there but...come on.

Mistakes happen and I hope to never be "that guy" but this looks like just plain laziness or being completely unaware. Probably got anxious or felt in a rush and let someone get the best of him instead of staying cool and just operating safely.

5. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    I just got my A license a months ago. When I started at my company at the end of my first day I was asked if I needed someone to back up my rig. I said hell no! After I parked my truck and trailer my dispatcher told me he has a couple 10 yr vets that can't back up to save their life. I scratch my head wondering how these people made it

Criminey Jade Thanks this.
  6. Criminey Jade

Aug 16, 2013
    Not Colorado Anymore
    Meanwhile I started at a place which wont hire people who can't do pretrips or maneuver the truck through roundabouts. You didn't even get the chance to do that if you blew the pretrip. They just shake your hand and tell you to have a nice day.

jayfish Thanks this.
  7. dog-c

dog-c Road Train Member

May 30, 2011
    New York, NY
    And that, my friend is how you get into accidents, overconfidence.

joseph1135 Thanks this.
  8. CaptainDaveG

CaptainDaveG Road Train Member

Jul 31, 2014
    Fremont Wi
    I really want to pass on this...I am sure the driver feels horrid...I am a retired big boat Captain 200 foot plus 600 passengers etc...retired and just finishing my 1st year...I was turningaround about 2 weeks ago in a closed service station and something didnt "feel" right...I was like 3 inches from a sign....scared the crap out of me....I didnt hit but it makes me think wow that could have been expensive etc....we all have to be better "drivers"

Be Safe Out There

Captain Dave

Ketchikan baby and NavigatorWife Thank this.
  9. bigguns

bigguns Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2013
    Omega,GA
    str8t10 Can you tell me who you work for? I slugged it out in NY for 44 years. Then a sign lit up telling me to get out of that H _ _ _ hole. Ain't coming back to live either!

10. str8t10

str8t10 Medium Load Member

Apr 25, 2015
    Rochester,ny
    @ dog-c I'm not overconfident at all. I've been hauling triple axle 48ft bunk trailers with a f 650 supercrew for over 15 yrs. I can maneuver a trailer anywhere. If I can't see then I get out and look.
    @bigguns I'd rather not say at this time. It's just a small company out of rochester with 12 trucks. We mostly tanker work

11. Vito

Vito Heavy Load Member

Jun 4, 2012
    North Carolina
    It's driving like this that makes me hold my head high when I go into a truck stop, wearing my USX hat of course.

NavigatorWife and KANSAS TRANSIT Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.