USA Logistics DZ, Crest Hill, IL

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by TJB, Oct 27, 2016.

1. TJB

TJB Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Went home after three weeks with this outfit.

Everything is never as said or as it seems. USA Logistics DZ and Z Transportation are both one and the same companies.

Yes... new trucks, but be prepared to sit in that truck for hours and even days, waiting for a load.

All loads are live load/unload.

There is no detention pay. I sat as many as 5.5 hrs unloading and regardless how long it takes, no detention pay and you'll receive every excuse why you won't get it.

I was broke down for two days. Towed 100 miles to dealership. Told I'd be reimbursed for hotel. To date: No Breakdown Pay, No Hotel Reimbursement.

Pay is advertised as .50cpm. You will not get .50cpm, you'll get .45cpm... and the first 50 miles of every trip is unpaid. That means... if you make six trips a week, you will be robbed of $135.

I was supposed to be home every weekend... was home once for three days out of three weeks. My avg mileage was 1500 miles a week.

Loads are dispatched via text to your cellphone and more often than not, you'll be told to communicate with the broker, not dispatch.

There is nobody in dispatch after 5:00pm M-F and noon on Saturday. Dispatch office closed on Sunday. You'll be told to call after hours cellphone if you need assistance, but nobody will answer.

I was stranded in smalltown, Virginia for three days, told I'd get layover pay $75 a day for two days, not three, but I'm sure now that I've quit, I'll not see that either.

They talk a really good game on Facebook, but reality is, if anything negative is posted to comments threads, they'll delete comments or even the entire thread. Then block the comments to share only.

During the three weeks that I worked for this company, I saw more people quit than I saw coming aboard.

If you have no life, and enjoy working for minimum wage, this might be a very good fit for you.

Lonesome and Bakari742 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bakari742

Bakari742 Road Train Member

Jan 30, 2016
    United States
    They say on their Facebook page that it's $1,200 flat per week, is that true?

4. TJB

TJB Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    The $1200 flat per week offer only pertains to the old ratty Freightliner Centuries (former Schneider trucks) that they have. Might be a good deal if you're local to NJ area. BTW... there is only one terminal, and its tiny... located in old industrial complex bldg shared with another business. Rumor was, owner was searching for a more viable location for the operation.

I know my thread sounds extremely negative, however you should know that the Safety, Accounting, and Maintenance folks are very friendly and do what they can to help you.

It's the dispatchers that are clearly in it for themselves. They work load boards... bidding on highest paying loads. Very little consideration is given to where the load is going and whether the delivery destination is outside of freight/shipping lanes.

I don't think the owner realizes how much money he is losing and how much of a disservice the dispatchers are doing to the entire operation.

5. HalpinUout

HalpinUout Road Train Member

Oct 2, 2011
    1099 outfit I'm guessing?

6. TJB

TJB Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    Yes... 1099. If you do choose to sign on, you'll be handed a packet to fill out. Read everything. I found documents for signature, that if you sign, you'll be signing your life away.

7. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    I've been down the Chicago Area 1099 trail before, no worries, I won't be making that mistake again.

8. snowlauncher

snowlauncher Road Train Member

Mar 28, 2014
    Southeastern ID
    I'll never understand what draws drivers into these sleazy Chicago based 1099 companies and the like...:confused:

9. TJB

TJB Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2013
    This company is actually in Wayne, NJ... trucks are registered to Crest Hill, IL address.

10. HalpinUout

Oct 2, 2011
    For me it was no experience, after walking out on the mega I got licensed through couple weeks after getting my CDL. .. Didn't know much about the industry. Didn't know where to turn. Didn't know about this site. They offered to hire me with no experience or with the tiny bit I had, threw me the keys to a truck and off I went. Got a couple years experience driving out of it. Had it's good and bad moments. You live and learn. I won't ever work for one of them again that's for sure.

Knucklehead Thanks this.
  11. stayinback

stayinback Road Train Member

Jan 24, 2014
    chicago,il
    Why are you communicating with the Brokers that they use. Your a Driver, Its not your Job to discuss business with a broker..

Sounds like a Loser Carrier with no actual customers... Well,Lesson learned

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.