V&S Midwest Carriers WI

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by gumball14, Sep 2, 2015.

1. gumball14

gumball14 Bobtail Member

Jan 1, 2015
    Anyone have any experience with V&S Midwest Carriers in Kaukauna WI? Any info would be great! Thx

bigbassman and rockinrobinvolvo Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. rockinrobinvolvo

rockinrobinvolvo Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2015
    V & S Midwest Carriers is a company that is a huge waste of time. Recruiter "Jeff Schramm the scammer" will tell a potential driver anything to get you in the door, then switch everything that was promised after you are an employee. Dispatchers are incompetent at scheduling loads that are productive. The website claims mostly dedicated loads- which is a lie. Most scheduled runs are LTL. Short, waste your time ridiculous hauls especially when you are working team. Midwest is hurting for drivers but offers no real benefits that make it a worth while venture. There is no sign on bonus and the junk equipment is in the shop all the time. Do yourself a favor and keep looking. We are just holding out while our applications are looked over with other companies and then were outta here!

bigbassman Thanks this.
  4. rockinrobinvolvo

rockinrobinvolvo Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2015
    PS- the large bragged about fuel bonuses that you read about online are a lie too. The trucks are junk and many drivers don't get the bonus because of it reflecting on them. The large tails on the back that are supposed to be fuel efficient are horrid pieces of sheet in the winter too. They hold lots of snow & ice which lands on your head. Carrying extra weight is far from efficient. The only benefits of this company goes right into the owners greedy little pockets.

bigbassman Thanks this.
  5. bigbassman

bigbassman Bobtail Member

Nov 1, 2015
    Yeah any company that is a cheapskate liar with no sign on bonus doesn't deserve employees.

6. TootsMagoots

TootsMagoots Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I'm going to assume this is a really weird coincidence, but my name is Robin, I drive team with my husband for V&S Midwest Carriers, and we drive a Volvo. While this poster "rockinrobinvolvo" has a right to their opinion, I just wanted to make sure my fellow drivers and coworkers know this isn't me, and not how I feel about the company.

As I mentioned, they have a right to their opinion, but while I'm here, I'd like to say that I'm happy with V&S. They don't claim to be perfect, which no trucking company is, but what impresses me most is how friendly everyone is. I was impressed with how they dealt with this post, because at first glance, it would be easy to assume this was me. I am the only driver named Robin here, after all. But they gave me the benefit of the doubt, and just let me know it was out there. I do truly believe this is a strange coincidence, but you just never know.

I've been driving here as a team with my husband for almost two years and my observations are the following:

The equipment has been great. We just got issued a brand new Volvo 780 in April. It still had the plastic covering on the seats. We get regular maintenance and if something isn't running right or broken, it gets fixed as soon as is needed. The trailers we pull are usually in really great shape, and on the road, if something has gone wrong - a bad tire, an ABS light, whatever, we've been able to pull in somewhere to get it repaired. I feel the company is very supportive with maintenance issues and does their best to keep things in the best condition possible.

We get paid hub miles, so every mile our tires turn, we get paid for. As I understand, not all companies pay this way. We do receive a monthly fuel bonus, and we've driven both a manual and an automatic and have been able to reach the higher levels of bonus payout. At 7.0 mpg, you get a $.02/mile bonus for the month, and we've not had trouble hitting that with the equipment issued to us.

There have been maybe three or four times we felt deserving of detention pay, but for whatever reason didn't see it, so that was a bummer, but 3 or 4 times in two years isn't too bad. We do receive a nice pick and delivery pay regularly, so that is a pro for sure. As for benefits, we don't go to the doctor often, so I can't weigh in too much here, but it does fully cover our yearly visits. One downside to the insurance is that it doesn't cover CPAP equipment. My husband has sleep apnea, so this was a bit of a bummer.

As a team we run pretty regularly out west. While it's not strictly a dedicated route, it is pretty close. We're not guaranteed the same exact thing every week, but we don't mind a little variety. The miles for this run are nice and steady, and since we deliver to a lot of the same places, it's been nice to establish relationships with the workers at these warehouses. It also makes for easier trip planning!

So, all in all, that's my take on V&S Midwest Carriers. I'd say if you're interested, give them a shot. Give Jeff a call. I don't know, he's always treated us very well and told us upon hire we'd be running mostly west as a team, and that's held true.

Just my two cents worth! And I don't yet have a handle, but if I did, it would probably be "Toots Magoots," a nickname I received while out hiking. If you're curious to read about other experiences I've had out on the road or otherwise, I have a blog at http://somanymiles.wordpress.com

Peace. And drive safe!

Marc Lee Thanks this.
  7. TruckerPatrick86

TruckerPatrick86 Medium Load Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Central Florida
    Thanks for that post. I have a buddy that drives for V&S and is really happy. He says it will be the last trucking job he ever has.

Marc Lee Thanks this.
  8. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    Another one post wonder, sounds fishy to me

9. TootsMagoots

TootsMagoots Bobtail Member

Dec 10, 2015
    I assure you I'm a real person, this is my real situation, and that is actually why I included my blog address. If you want, you can read about how I started out, when I got hired on, and some of my experiences in trucking. It's legit.

10. JackTheWhack

JackTheWhack Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Eagle River,Wisc
    Wow...Look at this Negative Post....Hmmmmmmm....???

"Yeah any company that is a cheapskate liar with no sign on bonus doesn't deserve employees "
    "V & S Midwest Carriers is a company that is a huge waste of time"
    " The large bragged about fuel bonuses that you read about online are a lie too. The trucks are junk and many drivers don't get the bonus "
    "Midwest is hurting for drivers but offers no real benefits that make it a worth while venture"
    "There is no sign on bonus and the junk equipment is in the shop all the time"

After reading all of these comments...

Its no wonder I even get up and go to work here...I should just pull the trigger and get it over with

These comments couldn't be farther from reality....I am also a driver here as well

I pondered whether or not to respond or not...but....when I first started out I went on TR daily for info that I thought was real & True....Ha Ha !!!

**************************************************************************************************************************
    This site is 999% negative comments from Super-Trucker wanna-be's that are always pissed off and its always someone else's fault...

You know the guy...you see'em everyday at the TS...You've talked to him...He's the Fat guy...Grossly-Over-Weight ...Disgusting Slob...Anti-Govt...Anti-Obama...Anti-Trucking...Anti-E-Logs...DOT hater...Totally pissed off...Know-it-all...dressed in sweat pants....flip flops and.... a 3-legged dog with one eye named "Lucky that's pissing on the guys foot while he's rambling on...and on...and on !!!.... I think they call'em "Carny's".....Yeah...Yeah...That's it ?......Its great entertainment though !

Usually "Birds of a feather...Flock together"...and we don't need that Flock..here !..... I see'em come...and watch'em go !

This is why VSMC doesn't have a listing on here...because.... its such horrible company to work for and we already have our fair share...???

This is not a response from a company rep...I'm a driver here much like Robin...and have been in this industry for 5 years now as a 2nd career... later in life...Everyday...Its a WTF moment out here.....I could write a book on what I've seen & experienced in the trucking industry...matter of fact TWO !....

Anybody looking for info about VSMC...Just PM me...

I cant wait to get all the "two word" responses that aren't.... "Happy Birthday"

As always...its all attitude...and what you want to make of it !!!

I'd be more than happy to inform you on what is here at VSMC ....and if its a fit for you...?
    [​IMG]

Marc Lee, skinnytrucker and scottlav46 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.