Volvo 780,ISX cumins ECM CODES

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by freddyweigel, Feb 2, 2010.

1. freddyweigel

freddyweigel Bobtail Member

Feb 2, 2010
    derry,NH
    One of the clamps wasn't in place all the way around so it was leaking exhaust.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Bacani

Bacani Bobtail Member

May 9, 2011
    Scottsdale, az
    Hello everyone. I have a 04 volvo isx cummins and I had so much issues with that truck ever since I bought it 3 years ago. Well lately my biggest problem with this truck are lights so I was hoping if anyone knows what these codes are MID 216 PSID 38 FMI 4

4. maximilianobalzarini

maximilianobalzarini Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Yes, do you tested the EGR sensor? I think that you have a sensor error, not hardware

5. maximilianobalzarini

maximilianobalzarini Bobtail Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Your in voltage to MID 216 is to low, olease, test that these voltage are aroun 7 VDC
    Be carefull, may be you can a short circuit into primary circuit (in voltage) Inspect the K51 relay and fuses.

6. Pablo-UA

Pablo-UA Road Train Member

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    MID 216 (LCM) is powered via four ore six fuses
    if circuit is short, bad K51 relay ALL power supply pins are disconnected and LCM throws PSID 35-38 codes, ore wont starting and no codes!

so check fuses
    [​IMG]

7. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    fuse location depends on fuse box manufacter, on US volvos fuses are on top of fuse box usually, but on some trucks they are hidden deep under LCM, as I know on all FH trucks.

8. plovdiv

plovdiv Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Hello! I have 07 Volvo 780 and I have some problems recently I did tune-up,I ask the tech in Volvo dealer to check EGR valves and turbo compressor. They said evrything is ok,but now I have message again out of calibraton,MID 128,SID 146,FMI 13. I don't know what is that mean out of calibration. The truck accelerant slow and running with fuel 5.4 - 5.8 with 30000 load. Please give me any ideas what is wrong and what I have to do. Thank You

9. Pablo-UA

Oct 11, 2010
    Borispol, Ukraine
    mid 128 sid 146 fmi 13 is usual for Cummins engines, it is out of cal. EGR. The problem is really simple - EGR motor moves valve from lock to lock and EGR pos valve must read 0-100%, but sometimes when something mechanicall is wrong position reading may be 5-93% ore something like that and EGR codes appeare

So remove and inspect EGR inside and you will know to keep it work ore change with new

plovdiv Thanks this.
  10. plovdiv

plovdiv Bobtail Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Jacksonville, FL
    Thank You!I'm sorry, I forgot to mention that my engine is Volvo. Is it the same or not.

11. xiipercent

xiipercent Medium Load Member

Mar 19, 2007

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.