Volvo BB part number.

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by Snailexpress, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Snailexpress

Snailexpress Road Train Member

Apr 28, 2014
    Rocky
    If anybody has access to Volvo can help me with my problem?
    My truck has intermittent problem with accelerator and data link codes popping up from time to time. All seems to me somehow related to the road bumps. All wiring, power supply, J1939 was checked multiple times and looks no problem here. I decide to replace BB module because all signals are in and out of BB module.
    I can't afford Volvo dealership price just to try if problem is here and will look for used module from wrecked truck. Should I use exact same part number module and do I need to go to volvo dealership for reprogramming or just plug&play?
    Thank you all in advance.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. nasriza

nasriza Road Train Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    That's a common problem if you have a d12 engine also a very common problem if you have old qualcomm wires still connected i don't know the extent this was looked at as fat as wires go there is a few places volvo is notorious for breaking wires the BB module doesn't usually go bad in the way you are describing it either takes a #### or it doesn't, and even if you get exact part number there is a very good chance there is going to be some programming involved.

Snailexpress Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.