Volvo VNL 780 - Xantrex RM 1012 factory inverter

Discussion in 'Volvo Forum' started by bonous, Aug 19, 2016.

1. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Hi fellow,
    On my 2010 VNL 780, it came with a factory installed Xantrex inverter model # RM 1012, mounted to the frame under the cab next to the battery box on driver side. The remote cable connector to the inverter was corroded and broke and now the inverter is not supply A/C volts in the truck. I checked all fuses and are all good. I tried the Volvo dealer in Little Rock but it seems they can't get it or what not. Anybody here know if there's a place or website where I can buy or order the remote cable or connectors from? Or if anyone have the schematics? I cut it out but it's 5 wires on one-side to 3 on the other. The old connector I cut out is so corroded I can't figure out which wire goes to where.
    Thanks for any help.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Sharky88

Sharky88 Heavy Load Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I would try Xantrex.com

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  4. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    I read somewhere that they've been bought out by another company but I'll give it a shot. Thanks Sharky88.

5. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I just cut mine off, put wires on the battery, got a cobra 2500w inverter and connected 3 of the in cab plugs to it, using existing wires (cut those weird plugs out and put regular ones from home depot). $250 all together

KB3MMX and bonous Thank this.
  6. bonous

bonous Light Load Member

May 31, 2014
    Sounds good DUNE-T. I will try to see if I can get the remote cable connector, if I fail to get it then I go that route.

KB3MMX Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.